Accept the UNSW JD offer, any suggetions about the course enrollment? (1 Viewer)

eschew

HSC
N/A
it looks complicated, i've never selected my classes like this before.. any suggestions?

Oh in addition, what should i do to prepare for the commencing semester ??

thanks in advance~

Last edited:

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
it looks complicated, i've never selected my classes like this before.. any suggestions?

Oh in addition, what should i do to prepare for the commencing semester ??

thanks in advance~
You won't be chosing your subjects.

First semester: Semester 1 Foundations of Law B Criminal Law 1 Contracts 1 Public Law Law, Lawyers & Society

See: UNSW LAW : UNSW JD - Duration, structure and courses- Law Sydney Australia

And I'd kick back and relax if I were you. That's going to be a pretty rubbish first semester.

eschew

HSC
N/A
yeah,but i still need to enrol the timetable. it seems " Foundations of Law B" costs people so much time.... and the timetable is very compact....
pressure........

in addition, what does"rubbish" mean??

Last edited:

eschew

HSC
N/A
Rectangles

This might help to work out the best timetable before you actually enrol in the classes.
that's what i'm using now, however it appears that no matter how i try there're always clashes?? even if i canceled the option of "allow X hours of clash a week",and most of time tables show that i need to go to school on saturday? is it the commen sense among law students?

Last edited:

porphyrin

HSC
N/A
A number of us that are transferring from the Grad LLB to the JD weren't actually able to enrol online - we had to get Student Services at the Law Faculty to enrol in our chosen classes for us. Although, that may have been fixed up now.

I believe there are some extra 'tentative' classes that they may open for some of the first year JD subjects:
http://www.law.unsw.edu.au/Current_Students/timetable/jd/2010/JD_S1.pdf.

Doesn't really help you right now though!

eschew

HSC
N/A
A number of us that are transferring from the Grad LLB to the JD weren't actually able to enrol online - we had to get Student Services at the Law Faculty to enrol in our chosen classes for us. Although, that may have been fixed up now.

I believe there are some extra 'tentative' classes that they may open for some of the first year JD subjects:
http://www.law.unsw.edu.au/Current_Students/timetable/jd/2010/JD_S1.pdf.

Doesn't really help you right now though!
thanks a lot~~ at least i'm able to have a prediction now! just wondering you guys attended classes on saturday in your first semester? Furthermore, someone told me the students couldn't know the teachers prior to the course starting? which means our students can't choose the teachers?

porphyrin

HSC
N/A
2009 was my first year, but only part-time (Tues and Fri 2-6pm, plus for Foundations - weeks 1-6 Tue/Fri 6-8pm), so no Saturdays for us. I think the Saturdays option is about trying to be more flexible with times classes are offered.

Next year, Foundations is being taught slightly differently to how it was this year. As you would have seen, there are two 'intensive' weeks before the start of semester, to get some basic practise in how to read a case, legislation. It's better than it was for this year.

Yeah, they tend not to let you know who is teaching some of the subjects before semester starts (or until just before it starts). I think with later years, they do publish it for some subjects though.

eschew

HSC
N/A
2009 was my first year, but only part-time (Tues and Fri 2-6pm, plus for Foundations - weeks 1-6 Tue/Fri 6-8pm), so no Saturdays for us. I think the Saturdays option is about trying to be more flexible with times classes are offered.

Next year, Foundations is being taught slightly differently to how it was this year. As you would have seen, there are two 'intensive' weeks before the start of semester, to get some basic practise in how to read a case, legislation. It's better than it was for this year.

Yeah, they tend not to let you know who is teaching some of the subjects before semester starts (or until just before it starts). I think with later years, they do publish it for some subjects though.
the office didn't tell me that? they just told me to enrol in 22nd feburary? i guess the intensive weeks will start from then?

porphyrin

HSC
N/A
Yep 22nd Feb (O week) would be right for the start of the intensive weeks. Semester 1 starts 1 March and the first year JD classes don't start until week 2 (March 9) - see the timetable I linked to before.

eschew

HSC
N/A
Yep 22nd Feb (O week) would be right for the start of the intensive weeks. Semester 1 starts 1 March and the first year JD classes don't start until week 2 (March 9) - see the timetable I linked to before.
Hi,again. when i finished my course adding, the website said:"one or more classes for JURD7152 have been automatically selected.Your previous selection may have been changed." and the legal fundation jumped to monday afternoon and tuesday noon which made it impossible to avoid course clash no matter how i arranged them.

is this automatic selection fixed or undecided by the faculty? what should i do ? should i enrol my arrangement fisrtly and issue not a peep to it ? i guess my timetable is changeable even if i've enrolled all of them??

thanks~~~

Last edited:

eschew

HSC
N/A
Hi,again. when i finished my course adding, the website said:"one or more classes for JURD7152 have been automatically selected.Your previous selection may have been changed." and the legal fundation jumped to monday afternoon and tuesday noon which made it impossible to avoid course clash no matter how i arranged them.

Does this automatic selection fixed or undecided by the faculty? what should i do ? should i enrol my arrangement fisrtly and issue not a peep to it ? i guess my timetable is changeable even if i've enrolled all of them??

thanks~~~
in spite of the situation above, after i enrolled all the courses, the timetable is all blue,no red. is it mean there' s no clash?(i guess yes?)

porphyrin

HSC
N/A
Sorry, not too sure about clashes and how they are resolved. You can definitely change your timetable after you finish enrolling though.

I'd give Student Services at the Law Faculty a call, when they re-open after New Years, to check out what is happening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)