Acceleration, Velocity and Displacement graphs (1 Viewer)

kcrocks

HSC
I'm having issues sketching the graphs,

Ex, given a displacement graph, I wouldn't really know how to draw the velocity graph.

Anyone have any tips/ pointers, thanks :)

Ben1220

HSC
velocity is the derivative of displacement, so just find the derivative of the displacement function you are given and graph that. If you are only given the function on a graph, then just imagine what the gradient of the tangent will be at each point, ie the turning points of the displacement graph will be when velocity is at 0... when the displacement graph is increasing, the velocity function will be above 0... and when the displacement graph is decreasing the velocity function will be under 0... stuff like that

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
yeh, you can be asked to draw a velocity graph given a displacement graph, or even draw a displacement graph given a velocity graph with initial conditions.

Just know that when there is a max turning point on displacement, velocity is going from positive to negative, and thus crosses the x-axis and is downwards sloping at that point, etc...

kcrocks

HSC
thanks guys..! I've got an assessment on thursday for geometrical applications of calculus, and series & sequence, so I don't want to loose easy marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)