Absolutely no motivation?? (1 Viewer)

matreha

HSC
Hi everyone,

SO I have a pretty big problem, and that is, that I have absolutely 0 motivation for studying and school in general. I am generally very good at school, but lately I've just been hating doing any type of work, procrastinating and being stressed because of my non-existent motivation. It's kind of ironic because I do want to do well, and I am aiming for an ATAR in the 90s. Please, does anyone have any tips for how I can actually enjoy doing work - so I don't put it off?

Thank you in advance!!

rawrliongirl

HSC
Hi everyone,

SO I have a pretty big problem, and that is, that I have absolutely 0 motivation for studying and school in general. I am generally very good at school, but lately I've just been hating doing any type of work, procrastinating and being stressed because of my non-existent motivation. It's kind of ironic because I do want to do well, and I am aiming for an ATAR in the 90s. Please, does anyone have any tips for how I can actually enjoy doing work - so I don't put it off?

Thank you in advance!!
sorry, no tips from me as I'm in the exact same position as you. I have my half yearlies next week and i haven't even studied for them and to be honest i couldn't care less. i cant be bothered anymore. I need help :/ my atar aim is also 90+

beaubrah

HSC
I'm in the same boat aswell but I think it's just all time management really, so if you manage your time well, you'll get more free time and more time to relax and I always like to take 3 deep breaths

HSC 2015- Goal:90+ ATAR

rawrliongirl

HSC
actually i don't think its just that I've lost motivation in school..come to think of it I've just lost interest in life in general. like i cant be bothered to do anything anymore, i am bored of everything that i do. i hate this so much.

J280

HSC
Sounds like you guys sure could use this video... :)

Last edited:

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Use this period of 'ceebs' to recharge your batteries. You guys are only in Year 11 and you have another year and a half before HSC, so don't worry too much if you're not constantly working. You need a period of rest and use this as time to rest up and get ready for the next chunk of the HSC marathon.

theoctopus

HSC
Yeah, I feel the same way :( I think a lot of my lack of motivation stems from stress which kind of puts me off doing any work. I try to zoom out a little and put things into perspective, there are always other ways of getting into whatever you want to do after school also school, whilst is important, is only one small part of your life, it won't always be like this.
Despite the fact that school isn't absolutely everything, it's still important and what's worked for me (at least a little) is compiling a list of reasons for why I want to do well and then whenever I start to slack off I read the list and it reminds me why I want to go well this year. Also, remember that prelim year is all about finding your feet and figuring out what the hell it is we're suppose to be doing :p
Maybe try studying in different ways as well, I get how just reading the textbook and writing notes can be boring, maybe try watching some films related to what you're studying, it might make it more enjoyable for you? Also, if you're doing history, science or english 'Crash Course' and stuff like that on youtube can be pretty helpful.
Remember to not just watch films and stuff though, do some textbook work as well but maybe films/videos could supplement your studying :D

Good-luck with your studies :) I hope you find some motivation ^_^

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Perhaps you need to establish more specific goals... sometimes, my best motivation ironically came from getting very poor marks-these were like a wake up call, perhaps imagine worst case scenarios as a way to motivate yourself to continue studying.

Hkaur_

HSC
Well I am in the same boat as well.. no damn motivation. I started this year by being miss positive .. saying I'll study and finish all homework... but lets just say my relatives happened and I missed about two weeks of school, and I haven't even caught up with the work I was meant to be catching up on and on top of that I have overdue homework, every weekend I make some sort of schedule and I get nothing done. this is so not me. I have half yearlies in two weeks :l

Thunderstorm

HSC
I can also relate to this. For me, my problem comes from putting off doing something, then when getting around to doing it I get frustrated when I can't create the 'perfect' product. :(

rawrliongirl

HSC
I still have no motivation :C I got some of my half yearly marks back, it has given me some motivation to try harder however, I have no goals in life. I haven't got too much motivation to really, really apply myself to my studies. Does anybody know how I can change this? I always feel as though school is such a waste of time and I honestly hate being here :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)