absenteeism (1 Viewer)

grassrecords

how many days can you be absent from school during the hsc... my gf said that theres a max. amount you can hit and then if you go pass it you cant do your hsc.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
my friend has been away all last term.
seriously, she has only turned up to classes for like 2 wks

mishka

HSC
N/A
there should be a few people in my grade that fail their HSC then!
obviously the school has an obligation to report their absenteeism - does anyone know what happens??

astro

HSC
is it 15% for prelim as well, because i received a letter from school 70 days into the school year saying that i had high absence....

A

abdo

Skillo said:
It's something like 15% of days of the HSC.

I know it works out being 1.2 days absent a week.
don't think so, i've got 60% attendance record and nothing has happened yet.

mishka

HSC
N/A
so is there a standard for all schools or do the schools create their own rules?? that would explain my school then....

i have no idea what our school does, i've never been in that situation, but a few people in my english class are starting to rack up the warnings so they must be on the verge...

twiddla

I'm not sure what % it is but you have to attend a certain no. of hours in each of your hsc courses wether they be maths eng it doesn't matter in order to pass it for ur hsc. If u are looking at not making up the hours i think the case is the school must make u aware of this through a warning letter or something. But hey if there is a class that u don't care about (other than eng) and ull have 10 units that count without it then jig that subject to your hearts content and they still have to give u ur hsc.

rumour

HSC
Yeah, My friend came back from the US, last term & they almost didn't allow her back, saying she had too many days off school!!!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
There really isnt any need to panic yet...well until you get hauled into the Principal's office :D

kylie_robbo

I had to ask my year advisor about this a couple of months ago... cos if I kept up the number of days absent to number of days present ratio for my HSC year as I did in my pre-lim, I could be in a bit of trouble. But he said, it doesn't matter how many days you are absent for, it is how much of the syllabus your teacher has helped you complete.

You have to complete 70% of the syllabus with the teacher's assistance. Like if you are absent from a class, going and seeing the teacher later still counts as the teacher's assistance.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
abdo said:
don't think so, i've got 60% attendance record and nothing has happened yet.
My school starts sending out warning letters at that.

Whats the point of doing the HSC and not attending school anyway?
(Except for those ppl who are away cause of illness, family probs, etc)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
What's the point? Well, in some of cases the teacher is so incompetent, so inefficient, the class is full of f***ers, the class is too noisy to allow you to think straight. For me, those are good enough reasons to skip lessons and occasionally take a whole day off to genuinely study and do HW.

If people are in the above described situation and decide to skip class and school to do nothing, then they're idiots.

A

abdo

Sarah168 said:
If people are in the above described situation and decide to skip class and school to do nothing, then they're idiots.
phew... lucky i do something eh... or else i'll be labeled an idiot.

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
In Vic it was/is? 10%, also 10% in yr 11 too - I missed 25+ days one yr, but I was excused d/t handing in med certificates/valid unavoidable reasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)