About the Conn (1 Viewer)

BleuBullet

HSC
I was just curious,

What would be the requirements for a Music student to make it through to the Conn? I'm doing Music 1 at the moment and if I wanted to, I could have done Music 2 but I knew I would do better at Music 1...

So I guess what I want to know is that would it be possible for a Music 1 student to get through to the Conn?

lala2

Banned
HSC
Of course yes most possible. I know of two students--one did Music 1 majoring in singing and now she's doing Music Studies/Arts because she was too young at the time to apply for Diploma of Opera (you need to be 21).

The other got into Music Performance majoring in percussion but I see her playing the marimba, xylophone and glockenspiel quite a bit so I think that's her main strength there. Either they really need percussionists or it was because she came top 10 in the state for Music 1.

ekdownie

eating/procrastinating
HSC
is it the University of Sydney Con? because i know a minumum requirement is Music2. It all really depends on your performance in your audition..........................................but yeh musc1, im not sure?????????????

BleuBullet

HSC
lala2 said:
Of course yes most possible. I know of two students--one did Music 1 majoring in singing and now she's doing Music Studies/Arts because she was too young at the time to apply for Diploma of Opera (you need to be 21).

The other got into Music Performance majoring in percussion but I see her playing the marimba, xylophone and glockenspiel quite a bit so I think that's her main strength there. Either they really need percussionists or it was because she came top 10 in the state for Music 1.
Ah thank you ever so much for that! I thought that it wasn't possible but your information has really helped :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)