About HSC mark (1 Viewer)

aaaazzzz

HSC
um..I have a question
If the top internal school mark of Physics in my school let say is 95 and I got 94(rank second)
then the top guy f up HSC and got like 80 and I got like 93(top the school)
how do they calculate?
Do they just follow the rules that I would get the same mark as that guy?
That's just no so fair I guess..:rofl:

Thanks!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
if my understanding of the system is correct,

both you and the first place guy would get 93.
but don't take my word for it

helper

HSC
N/A
HE will get Exam 80, Assessment 93 =86.5
You will get Exam 93 and an assessment mark calculate with your assessment marks and school exam marks. Depends on how everyone in your group goes.

aaaazzzz

HSC
helper said:
HE will get Exam 80, Assessment 93 =86.5
You will get Exam 93 and an assessment mark calculate with your assessment marks and school exam marks. Depends on how everyone in your group goes.
so would I get an assessment mark close to 93? since I got juz around 1 mark lower than him

theworldisround

HSC
HSC alignment of marks: for all subjects

Say your school has a cohort of 5 students sitting the 2006 HSC physics paper. These students are A, B, C, D, and E.

In the school's internal assessment the following ranks were issued: (hypothetically)

1. C
2. D
3. A
4. E
5. B

In the actual exam they scored the following marks

A scored 94
B scored 89
C scored 85
D scored 74
E scored 90

The external exam mark will be the same as above. However, the internal assessment marks (school mark) is given as follows

A will receive 89, B will receive 74, C will receive 94, D will receive 90 and E will receive 85. This is based on ranks issued. The person who is ranked first will get the highest score in the cohort for their internal assessment, the one ranked second will get the second highest score in the cohort and so on, and of course, the one ranked last will get the lowest score in that cohort.

Therefore the HSC marks for each individual will be

A: 94+89 / 2
B: 89+74/ 2
C: 94+85/ 2
D: 74+90/ 2
E: 90+85/ 2

So hypothetically, if the entire school performs extremely well, then the lowest score of that cohort will be fairly high, hence the person ranked last in the cohort will still receive a fairly high internal mark, on top of their external exam mark. So encourage your school cohort to perform really well in the exams still to come !

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
dont they also take into account the difference in ranks...i think what this guy is tryingn to say is if someone comes second, and he does really well but the second guy fucks up real badly, will he get that second guys mark. i dont think so they will look at the difference in ranks when they calculate

aaaazzzz

HSC
angmor said:
dont they also take into account the difference in ranks...i think what this guy is tryingn to say is if someone comes second, and he does really well but the second guy fucks up real badly, will he get that second guys mark. i dont think so they will look at the difference in ranks when they calculate
yeah tht's what I mean=)
sorry for poor description...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)