Aboriginal children in care now exceeds stolen generations (1 Viewer)

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
lol it was a joke :( but what really is the joke is the way you, jb and Neb jump on this anti-Jewish bandwagon.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
JaredR said:
lol it was a joke :( but what really is the joke is the way you, jb and Neb jump on this anti-Jewish bandwagon.
I'm pro-Jew

Anti-u

RSVPixie

HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
I'm pro-Jew

Anti-u
i realised it was a joke?? and why the whole antagonism towards JaredR just because he was making a joke? And seriously guys you have to learn to stop making people fit into stereotypes. It doesnt help anything. Its Christmas lol so be nice:tree: :uhhuh:

boris

Banned
HSC
So what if its Christmas? No one cares about your stupid pagan holiday

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
katie tully said:
No. Get the fuck over it. Conquering lesser peoples for land was a standard practice and although it may not be acceptable today, you can't sit here and say it was wrong back then, purely coz it makes you a little bit teary now.
How soon exactly does responsibility for a nations past actions end? At every change of government the nation is completely absolved of any past sins as 'lol that was the other guys'?

RSVPixie

HSC
N/A
boris said:
So what if its Christmas? No one cares about your stupid pagan holiday
ummm... its a Christian holiday and i happen to be buddhist. So it isnt my holiday, but i do believe in the general principle, that it is a time of peace and goodwill. that is the philosophy of buddhism. balance, peace, goodwill, respect and understanding. any religion is fine, as long as you are comfortable with it and it suits your spiritual purpose.

the idea is that Christmas is supposedly a time of goodwill and peace. so cant we FOR ONCE have an excuse NOT to bite peoples heads off?? i mean theres no excuse to be that rude anyway, but cant you just not do it for at least a little while? it does geet rather tiresome :) oh, and merry christmas to you, boris :rudolf:

brasileira

HSC
Ok... culture aside, If a parent cannot care for their child and the child is SUFFERING as a result of the parents actions, regardless of the underlying reason as to WHY the parent cannot care for their child, then the government should remove those children. It does not matter that theyre abos and they copped it from australia in the past, if the aussie, asian, arab, latin, african or european communities treated their children with neglect and didnt provide for their kids adequately, then the government would haul asses out of those communities too. Why should aborginal kids suffer? Its not doing them any favours by being bias.

The mentality that because they are aboriginal and have been treated shit by the australian government in the past and it is their god given right to keep their children no matter how poor their quality of life is, or that their basic day to day needs arent being met, is ridiculous.

If you think this is the smart approach and enable this behaviour and poor treatment of TODAY'S aboriginal children, then you are setting the adult aboriginals of TOMORROW up for failure, and it will happen for generations.

you know im right

brasileira

HSC
jb_nc said:
Maybe cause Aboriginals already have New Zealand you fucking Jew.

They are called Maoris you dumb cunt.

Nebuchanezzar said:
Look, JaredR, I know with your Israeli background that simply taking over countries is something that you've grown to accept. We don't do things that way in Australia anymore, mang. So if you can't adjust to our values system, please, gtfo.

OHH for fucks sake boris, it was in reference to these 2 comments

ptrgrgry

HSC
Well, it benefits the aboriginal children. I am not racist but it is a fact that many indigenous people have drug and alcohol addictions. So wouldn't it be better for the indigenous children to be moved to a family who will love them and care for them. I've been to darwin and I saw many traumatic sights, including a mother sniffing [and getting high off] glue in one hand and holding her baby in the other hand.

I mean we should (and do) have the same legal status for both indigenous and non-indigenous Australians. There are also many 'unfit' non-indigenous parents. In my opinion, what it comes down to is not about race but rather the best interests of the child in question.

Last edited:

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
brasileira said:
Ok... culture aside, If a parent cannot care for their child and the child is SUFFERING as a result of the parents actions, regardless of the underlying reason as to WHY the parent cannot care for their child, then the government should remove those children. It does not matter that theyre abos and they copped it from australia in the past, if the aussie, asian, arab, latin, african or european communities treated their children with neglect and didnt provide for their kids adequately, then the government would haul asses out of those communities too. Why should aborginal kids suffer? Its not doing them any favours by being bias.

The mentality that because they are aboriginal and have been treated shit by the australian government in the past and it is their god given right to keep their children no matter how poor their quality of life is, or that their basic day to day needs arent being met, is ridiculous.

If you think this is the smart approach and enable this behaviour and poor treatment of TODAY'S aboriginal children, then you are setting the adult aboriginals of TOMORROW up for failure, and it will happen for generations.

you know im right
Hey I agree with you on the most part. But we should keep in mind that removing children from child abuse or neglect is not a long term solution. We need to do more than that, to try and break the cycle. Plus foster care isn't always as good as some people here seem to think of it as. I think all (or atleast most) of us agree that children must be removed from child abuse and neglect. But remember the title of the thread is why there are so many/an increasing amount of Aboriginal children in care. Why? After reading this thread, I think most of us sit on one side of the fence or the other. I.e. You think that the Aborigines aren't as an advanced or intelligent than white settlers and therefoe White settlers are thriving because they are superior....
Or you think their situation is like that because of their treatment or as Iron so beautifully put it - "The apology was not just for one act in 1788 - it was for the total collapse of Aboriginal societies that flowed from the British claim to right now -the entire settlement. This collapse is evident today and was our fault. We bear the initial onus to fix the relationship with this ruined people."
and "The fact that we live on the land now has contributed to the appauling problems facing Aboriginal communities today. You have to have a sense of responsibility. "

Last edited:

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Rockyroad said:
Hey I agree with you on the most part. But we should keep in mind that removing children from child abuse or neglect is not a long term solution. We need to do more than that, to try and break the cycle.
by sterilising aborigines, thus preventing future child abuse

RSVPixie

HSC
N/A
Will Shakespear said:
by sterilising aborigines, thus preventing future child abuse
also preventing any chance of the continuation of their culture, which is already in need of help to survive.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
RSVPixie said:
also preventing any chance of the continuation of their culture, which is already in need of help to survive.
we acknowledge the original custodians of this thread, the darraawall people, and recognise the elders and people of their tribe - past, present and future, for it is these people who hold the customs, traditions, hopes, and dreams, of the aboriginal culture.

THERE YA GO

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
RSVPixie said:
whats so good about their culture we should even care

what do they deliver to the world that is so, so amazing that we should take active steps to preserve aboriginal culture

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:

what do they deliver to the world that is so, so amazing that we should take active steps to preserve aboriginal culture
witchety grubs?

greekgun

HSC
jb_nc said:

u mean besides their great sense of spirituality, their ability (or was their ability before the European settlers took over) to live of the land and coexist with all Australia's animals whist causing minimal damage to the enivornment (which we cant even do to the degree they aborigines did despite all of the knowledge and technology at our dispisal).

gibbo153 said:
witchety grubs?
i lol'd

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
greekgun said:
their ability (or was their ability before the European settlers took over) to live of the land and coexist with all Australia's animals whist causing minimal damage to the enivornment (which we cant even do to the degree they aborigines did despite all of the knowledge and technology at our dispisal).
this was because of the australian environment, rather than an ingrained part of their culture

RSVPixie

HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:

The aborigines had an enormous importance in the land, and no matter which part of Australia, they had survived peacefully alongside the creatures and the environment. Their culture is unique in its approach to the land and mostly how to survive in such unhospitable places as, for example, the kimberlys, was passed down from generation to generation through stories told by the elders. They had a society free of disease and so incredibly in tune with nature and their surroundings that it is incredible to me that you would ask such a silly question in the first place. The uniqueness of their culture, and its sustainability for tens of thousands of years is a demonstration of Australia's history over those 40, 000 years. There is no other documentation of Australia's history, and this, being the only record of it, should be preserved. We can learn a lot about Australia if we could track down the stories told about specific areas. Did you know that in South Australia, the European settlers found 7 fresh water springs by listening to and following directions told through aboriginal dreamtime stories? and you could ask the same question of christianity; why should we bother upholding that as a religion? the very same reason; it is part of our history, part of who we are; as is the aboriginal culture part of the land we now have removed from those to whom it meant so much. if we wish to learn from our mistakes, we first have to know what our mistakes were; in this case, it was the act of interrupting the peaceful aboriginal way of life and almost completely destroying their culture.

greekgun

HSC
jb_nc said:
this was because of the australian environment, rather than an ingrained part of their culture
Yes, but they adapted their culture to the australian environment.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
greekgun said:
Yes, and their culture was made to adapt to the Australian environment.
that makes their culture generic, because you could say that if the environment was slightly different, their culture would be. something that is completely derived or reflected from something else, is not special.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)