Abolish welfare payments to young people (1 Viewer)

pman

Banned
HSC
you dont recieve payments unless you are seeking work or training
yes, you have to be seeking but if i just turn up to a few job interviews and say stupid things, hand in a resume full of spelling mistakes and don't appear to have any useful qualifications, of course i'm not going to get a job. people do this deliberatly so they cam get centrelink payments and not work. There was an ACA story a while back (which i shall promptly look up on youtube) where this guy basically said, "why would i bother working when the government pays me not to".

EDIT: can't find the story but i swear it happened

Last edited:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
*sigh*

Rudd Vs Abbott?

I'd vote for Rudd not because I particularly like him, but because Abbotts a complete buffoon.

HSC
TONY ABBOT WAS NOT SUGGESTING THAT THIS WOULD BECOME POLICY
you are all reading it totally out of context

fucking hell

HSC
I know ACA is a load of crap but what i'm getting at is, the guy said, i don't see the point of working...i know its sensationalised but what he said remains the same
bro, everyone knows the show is heavily edited to suit a particular agenda.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I can see your view.

But can you see yours?
Very selfish.
If I come into your house tonight, take the food off your plate, and the money out of your wallet, can I rightly call you selfish when you try to stop me? If I have a physical disability, am I entitled to rob you?

This is exactly what the government does when it takes for welfare.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
That would help business competitiveness and encourage more hiring but I don't think it's the way to go. Probably better off reducing the penalties for dismissing employees (Work Choices much?). Last thing you'd want in an economy is to go backwards and encourage substitution of advanced capital/technologies with low skilled human capital.

you're dumb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)