AAA Scholarship, timetabling. (1 Viewer)

riots

HSC
N/A
2 questions:

1. Does the AAA scholarship apply to late round offers (assuming vacancies are made and you are within the 5 ATAR points)? I think I may have changed my mind about something, not so sure about the decision I've made.

2. How big a deal is having consecutive classes, especially if they're a bit of a walk away from one another. Do classes finish early/start late, and if not, how common is it for classes to run overtime?

One more question

With engineering (flexi first year), you can take either ENGG1811 (Computing for Engineers) or COMP1911 (Computing 1A). The latter is recommended if you want to do mechatronics, which I /think/ I'm interested in.

However, I'm inclined to do COMP1917 and I was wondering if this would be 'allowed' - e.g. would I still be able to do something like civil or mining engineering if I changed my mind, which requires only ENGG1811.

Would appreciate any input.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
1. Yeah, it does apply to late round.
2. From what I've gathered, the classes finish will finish 5 min early and the next one will start 5 min later. This provides a 10 min interval from one location to another which is walk-able. Unless we are speaking of polar opposites, lower and upper campus, that could be tricky.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
1. Yes
2. Not a big deal. Some tutes and lectures run overtime, so while theoretically you have 10 minutes, you may only have 2 or 5 minutes between classes. Most finish overtime by about a minute or so.
3. COMP1917 is the higher version of COMP1911. You're allowed to do it.

twistedrebel

HSC
yeah if it says eng1811/comp1911 you can do comp1917 if you want many people do it.

riots

HSC
N/A
All of you were repped for taking the time to answer my inane questions, thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)