A word of advice to newbie Economics students. (1 Viewer)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Dont let this subject get the best of you because it will, i repeat will, steam roll over the top of you if you dont pay attention and do work for it. Stay focussed from day one and get friendly with your teacher and youll be fine. :D

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
wat if u dont understand a word the teacher says? no matter how much explaining they do...

haha my teacher hates me anyway

but thanks for the advice, ill certainly take it into consideration :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
if, after all that explaining and you still don't get it, it means either one you're not thinking or two ....

SimpaticO

Happy Man
What I found with this subject is that if you understand most of the work it can be one of the most stimulating, thought provoking, and worthwhile subjects you can do.

However what I also found was that to get to the point where you get to feel about economics in the way I just described takes a lot of time, stress and a hell of a lot of hard work.

Unfortunately, I found it's also one of those subjects where if you slacken off a bit, or miss a concept or idea, or don't understand something you can fall way behind and it can affect you in serious ways.

If you stick with it though you should find it worthwhile because aside from the maths involved, it teaches you about the way certain political and financial aspects that dominate our everyday lives work, and that can be a very valuable thing to know.

PeT_peT

HSC
ECONOMICS' the BEST SUBJECT EVA...eventually, you'll learn to LOVE it.

PeT_peT

HSC
SimpaticO said:
However what I also found was that to get to the point where you get to feel about economics in the way I just described takes a lot of time, stress and a hell of a lot of hard work.

Unfortunately, I found it's also one of those subjects where if you slacken off a bit, or miss a concept or idea, or don't understand something you can fall way behind and it can affect you in serious ways...
i personally do not think economics takes a lot of hardwork...also the concepts in economics are not that hard to understand.

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
economics isn't hard once u understand the concepts because once you learn it, u'll know it forever. however... despite saying that, economics is indeed a very boring subject

SimpaticO

Happy Man
I didn't mean to say that the subject is excessively challenging. I do realise now that my description did sound like that.

What I meant is that it is a subject that involves a fair bit of thinking and one which covers a large scope. It's not one of those subjects I think that you can take lightly.

pungpui

HSC
IF you do the course in this structure and timing:
1. Globalisation
2. Austs Place in the global eco
3. Economic Policies and Management
4. Economic Issues

like i did...trust me it gets easier as you go along...

by now you should realise that ecos is all about relating all that you know together...and if you can think latterally you'll b great at it.

Caution...dont get scared if u dont get Globalisation...to me...by far the hardest topic where almost half the eco students dropped the subjects...if u can manage that then the rest will come to you...and Balance of Payments is also a trip to hell...same story...it will pass

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
err I'd tackle the issues themselves first before diving into the policies to stabilise them...

pungpui

HSC
tackle the issues themselves first before diving into the policies to stabilise them???

policies and managements deals with macro and micro policy...then u learn what they're used for (inflation, U/E, etc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)