A win for fathers? (1 Viewer)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Judge punishes mother for allowing children to be angry with father | National News | News.com.au

TWO children have been sent to live with their father after a court ruled the mother encouraged "negative" feelings about their dad.

The two children - a girl, aged nine, and a boy, aged seven - had been struggling with "change overs" between parents, saying things such as "I don't want to go" and "I don't have to go" when their father arrived in Tasmania from Melbourne to collect them for access visits, The Australian reports.

The Family Court found the mother did not discourage them from saying these things, and did not encourage a positive relationship between the children and their father.

The children told counsellors they were angry their father had left their mother, and lived with his new girlfriend in Melbourne.

Family Court judge Robert Benjamin said the children "clearly wanted" to stay with their mother, who had been their primary carer since birth, and acknowledged the "disruption to the children's family unit and their stability if they were to move to

But Justice Benjamin said the "mother could see what was happening at change overs and did little about it".
Justice Benjamin said the girl, B, was becoming "emotionally estranged from her father" and was at risk of "psychological damage, if not psychiatric damage" if she was not allowed to have a relationship with her father.

The decision was made under new laws, introduced by the Howard Government, that require the Family Court to adopt the presumption of "shared parenting" when dealing with children of divorce.

Justice Benjamin ordered the children be removed from their mother's care, and to see her for school holidays and Mother's Day. She is also entitled to a phone call "each Sunday between 6.30pm and 7.30pm".

The court took evidence from a psychologist who helped facilitate a changeover between the parents on June 27 last year.

When the time came for the children to get into the car with their father, the girl "started what can only be described as a mantra, or a chant".

"She kept repeating: 'I don't want to go' and 'I don't have to go'," the psychologist told the court.

"When her father greeted her, she (said), 'I hate you'."

B gave the psychologist a list that said: "I don't want to go with my father because he tells lies, he hurts me, he left our family and he has got a girlfriend and I don't like her."

Read more of this report in The Australian.
Yay for fathers. It's sickening that the women get more family rights most of the time, but atleast now they can be penalised for being vindictive bitches and dragging the kids into it.

Scissors

HSC
yep, read this in the 'strayan this morning.

it's a great victory for men.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
there's this feminist in my english class.

we were talking about rape in a clockwork orange

someone said "its not rape cuz the man's on top"

and the feminist chucked a spaz

and i lol'ed

silly feminist cunt

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
she was all like, iuno. at the end its clearly rape because it's violent

and i was like

"but they're having fun! look he has a smile on his face! he's playing"

:eek:

<3 u dan
(fap fap fap)

greekgun

HSC
Yeah its bullshit how courts seem to favor women when the cases are about divorce, child rights and other family type cases...it finally seems like the courts are evening up.

Nanasaurus

HSC
yeah, agreed. my mum won the custoday battle and she's the most unmaternal person i know. she used to try to get me hate my dad, and even moved me interstate to make it harder for me to see him.

i moved out at the end of year seven, and we were so paranoid about the legalities of it, just because the court seems so biased when it comes to mothers and children. and don't even get me started on child support.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
This is a pretty tragic case. Whilst I do approve of the father's actions in getting his kids back, I can't but feel sorry for the mother. Two visits a year to your kids is the stupidest idea I've ever heard, why visit them at all?! I can almost understand her, poor woman. Could say she was selfish in only having the kids to herself when she took them as well though.

Equally shared custody is the only way IMO.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
This is a pretty tragic case. Whilst I do approve of the father's actions in getting his kids back, I can't but feel sorry for the mother. Two visits a year to your kids is the stupidest idea I've ever heard, why visit them at all?! I can almost understand her, poor woman. Could say she was selfish in only having the kids to herself when she took them as well though.

Equally shared custody is the only way IMO.
But its clear what she was doing was seriously detrimental to her childrens psychological health.

Her daughter hates her own father? at 9yrs old? you cant say the mother hasnt been putting ideas and words into her mouth.

I feel a bit sorry for her too, but its obvious she was damaging her kids and probably even now doesnt realize how wrong she was and the type of harm she caused. If she was allowed regular contact she would just continue to poison the kids and refresh her vindictive bitch ideas in them. Kind of like someone trying to quit heroin but having a hit once a week, it means the healing process has to start all over again.

Godamn, what a fucking whore. This sort of shit has happened to a few of my friends who were in divorces. One friend hates his dad [who did nothing wrong and was in fact the one cheated on hence he left] because his mum poisoned him against his dad, now he doesnt have a normal healthy relationship with his own dad, doesnt have that support system or anything...its just a bad situation for everyone.

Its simple, kids need their dads to grow up normal and healthy, and 9yr olds minds are easily molded into whatever you want, its a terrible thing to mold them into hating their own father for no reason.

Generator

HSC
N/A
In a disturbing way, it's almost comforting to know that Serius still hates women. I guess that some things will never change.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
yeah, agreed. my mum won the custoday battle and she's the most unmaternal person i know. she used to try to get me hate my dad, and even moved me interstate to make it harder for me to see him.

i moved out at the end of year seven, and we were so paranoid about the legalities of it, just because the court seems so biased when it comes to mothers and children. and don't even get me started on child support.
Not a bad as having your mother say "your father murdered your unborn brother and raped a 14 yr old girl, and your just like him." In front of your Girlfreind.

Its simple, kids need their dads to grow up normal and healthy, and 9yr olds minds are easily molded into whatever you want, its a terrible thing to mold them into hating their own father for no reason.
Doesnt help when the media make out all fathers playing with their children are pedophiles (including grandfathers) and when the fathers shy away from entertaining their kids, the media says they are not doing enough.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
In a disturbing way, it's almost comforting to know that Serius still hates women. I guess that some things will never change.
Your not a mod anymore? and looks like some things do change.

to be fair though this woman is obviously a terrific thundercunt and i only hate people who deserve it, be they man or woman.

This ruling makes me happy because i have faith that fathers rights will begin to be acknowledged under the valorous emperor Rudd

*Minka*

HSC
50-50 custody is a good idea in theory, hard to actually implement.

There will always be Dads who have to move back home/take another job because they lost the house because Mum got the kids and they now have to pay a lot of child support, the Mums who move their kids 1000km away from Dad out of spite. I have seen both cases happen, not with me, but with friends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)