A subject q for those already at Uni... (1 Viewer)

m@ds

Is it a struggle to do more than 4 subjects? I am looking at doing 5...I am doing Communications/Law so I figure a double degree requires the completion of more cps than a single degree, but I was wondering if you recommend I do 5 this session so I average out all my sessions, or just take on four and see how I go?

memo

depends on the load per subject and the contact hours required. I have been doing 6 each semester and that was fine around 26 hours per week. I have known people that can take on 7 with about 28hours per week you will have to really be on top of what you are studying to do anymore than that.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Our University won't even let us do more than five subjects per semester:(!

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
yeah its manageable. but i don't think you are allowed more than the normal course load in your very first semester!!

i'm planning on doing more than the usual course load in every semester that way i can speed up my degree and my final year won't be as busy.

i'd say do 5 subjects for the first few weeks and try it out, if you find the workload too much, drop a unit, but make sure you drop it all before the hecs deadline so that way you dont have any financial penalties.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
the uni will prolly tell u on the website or in person, the maximum number of credit points u can take each semester..so its not necessarily based on how many subjects u take

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
actually at usyd you are allowed to do 32credit points per semester, 24 credit points being the usual course load!!

if you want to go over the 32, you are only allowed if you get permission from the dean.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)