A question about the exam (1 Viewer)

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
OK, this is a hard question to type out so bare with me...

Religious rites and Teachers& interpreters, In the exam do we have to write about BOTH of those topics, or are they in one of those sections were you can choose from 4 questions or so which to write about.

thanks

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
why don't you just download some past papers and look at how the questions are structured?

this is from the 2001 HSC paper
Question 13 — Religious Rites (20 marks)
(a) Outline the role of ONE rite of public worship OR rite of personal devotion in
ONE religious tradition.
(b) Explain how the rite of public worship or the rite of personal devotion, chosen in
part (a), makes a difference in the everyday lives of believers.
(c) Evaluate the importance of ONE of the following in a religious rite common to
TWO religious traditions:
• The nature, role and function of officiating celebrants
• Significance of sacred writings
• Use of symbolism
• Social structure
• Human experiences
Question 17 — Teachers and Interpreters (20 marks)
(a) Outline the role of ONE school of thought or pivotal person from ONE religious
tradition from the period of early foundation OR a period of growth, division or
crisis.
(b) Explain how ONE contemporary school of thought OR pivotal person makes a
difference to the everyday life of believers in the religious tradition selected in
part (a).
(c) Evaluate, in TWO religious traditions, the effect on believers of a school of
thought OR pivotal person in ONE of the following areas:
• Challenge to the tradition
• Extent and significance of change
• Reaction and response by the religious tradition
• Change in society requiring adaptation of teachings
• Continuing impact today
the format is exactly the same for 2002 paper but for 2003 the questions were changed A Lot, as in style and mark allocation! go have a look yourself

each CR study is always separated in different questions

Last edited:

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
i do sor1 and do 1 essay, no idea about 2 sorry

Last edited:

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
to answer your question: Rites and Interpreters are in the cross depth study section (q13-18) which is at the end of the exam. This section is worth 20 marks per question and they are now a continuous essay. Im guessing you are a 2 unit student as you have nominated 2 studies which means you have 1 more to go ie you will do 3 depth studies (out of 6 for 60% of your final mark)

As to the structure of the 2004 cross religion study, it is different this year (as pointed out by tenille). There are a few things to point out structure wise that is different from previous years..
• the glossary terms are NOT the same between questions ie all 6 questions will require different "skills" eg. some may be compare/contrast, some may be describe/analyse etc.
• the exam rubric has changed for this section.
• the use of the glossary terms (may be 1, 2 or 3 terms) will dictate the difficulty of the question and conversely the terms are dictated by the difficulty of the question (ie some questions may appear to be easier than others but they are testing a specific skill or part of the syllabus)

My advice.....
*GET YOUR HANDS ON THE 2004 SAMPLE PAPER*

Also, I have compiled a set of notes on the new extension section based on two inservices I attended which were given by BOS officers. They are on my website in the forum. The only caveat is you have to join the forum to get at the resources (call it quality control).
SH

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Originally posted by snapperhead
Also, I have compiled a set of notes on the new extension section based on two inservices I attended which were given by BOS officers. They are on my website in the forum. The only caveat is you have to join the forum to get at the resources (call it quality control).
SH
i actually laughed at the bit. but then again im losing my mind. well done with the name.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
why??
Im now officially confused.... are you talking about the name on the document? That was the rather sad name of the inservice... Im not that creative....
LOL
and here I am thinking I was being helpful....:p

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
but he/she had to wait 5 hours for an answer! and like i said im losing my mind.where are the new notes and do i actually want them ;)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
in the SOR Resources section (second notice from the top)...if that was a serious question that is! I cant keep up with you!!!
*slams door and storms off*
LOL

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Name: tenille was referring to her own name.
serious question: yes.
and your going to make me look great bet i don't find them...

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
as of 2 minutes ago, it was the first 'sticky' (resources from ceo study day) in the forum (under the top announcement)...d/l away!!

when you said name, I thought you meant the name on the document.... you know how touchy I am now about getting your name right!!

Last edited:

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
ummm, am looking at it as i type (do you know how difficult that is!!)

its in the SOR resources section...second topic entitled "resources from CEO study day"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)