A question about applying for scholarships...? (1 Viewer)

MysteryMoon

HSC
So apparently my careers advisor told me that a scholarship is given to those with atars of 99.90 or something and that you have to be a high achiever to apply for one. Is this true???

PukeyFromSweden

HSC
N/A
It depends which scholarship. Yes some are reserved for people with very high atars. You should check on your uni's website for a list of scholarships and their requirements.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
So apparently my careers advisor told me that a scholarship is given to those with atars of 99.90 or something and that you have to be a high achiever to apply for one. Is this true???
Most scholarships don't require ridiculously high ATARs (e.g. 99.90 or 99.95) - for example, some might require a 95 minimum. Check the websites of different universities for more information about applying for scholarships and automatically awarded scholarships.

UNSW's Scientia requires 99.90 (automatically awarded scholarship - i.e. you don't need to apply for it).
USYD's Outstanding Achievement scholarship requires 99.95 (also automatically awarded).

chloe_angelique

HSC
It depends on the kind of the scholarship being offered. There's a scholarship for those who have excellent grades, there's also a scholarship for financially unprivileged, etc.

Flop21

HSC
Your career advisor sounds like she's real encouraging and motivating... not.

I would say only a few are for the super high achievers. Lots for high achievers, say 96 and above. And some others for other factors such as being a rural student, aboriginal, a women in some cases.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
UTS has pretty good scholarships programs which are worth looking into.

chloe_angelique

HSC
Your career advisor sounds like she's real encouraging and motivating... not.

I would say only a few are for the super high achievers. Lots for high achievers, say 96 and above. And some others for other factors such as being a rural student, aboriginal, a women in some cases.
I would agree with you. Most of the scholarships nowadays are for those who are really in need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)