A question about 31467 Networking 1 (1 Viewer)

Jian

HSC
N/A
This subject is the same as 31516 Networking Fundamentals. In the subject outline, It says that there will be some essay questions in the final written exam. Could anyone who did this exam before tell me what kind of essay questions were? eg. What is TCP/IP and how they work? Thanks.

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC
Jian said:
This subject is the same as 31516 Networking Fundamentals. In the subject outline, It says that there will be some essay questions in the final written exam. Could anyone who did this exam before tell me what kind of essay questions were? eg. What is TCP/IP and how they work? Thanks.
I did this subject last semester and I wouldn't really say they were essay questions (however, have they changed it again this semester? I don't know). More short-answer than anything. I only used one 8 page booklet for the whole exam (although my writing is smaller, or rather my spacing between words is less than the average person) and I covered just about everything the questions wanted.

You get asked questions like compare 2 things (e.g. infrared against something else) or what are the advantages of coaxial and fibre optics etc. They also ask you questions like how TCP/IP works. There will be one chunk of subnetting questions (free marks I reckon) worth about 20-25% of the entire paper or so. Basically the exam has questions, which have sub-questions. So again, more short-answers/short paragraph answers.

Note: Towards the last few weeks of the semester, things may get really hard to understand and grasp (although some of the earlier things are quite hard too). I was stressing over those sections however, basically none of it turned up in the exam. Though please don't take this religiously, I don't know if they will decide to magically change it this time around.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
I did it last semester as well, I agree with what ragnarok said.. but it's been a long time and memory of it has totally blurred..
Fortunately I found a practice test that the subject co-ordinator made last semester.. might be same as last semester.. but at least u get it early..

enjoy!

-Huratio

Jian

HSC
N/A
Thank ragnarok and Huratio. Your informations are really helpful for me. Before seeing this information. I was a little afraid of Networking 1's final written exam because there was no past exam papers and I didn't know what kind of questions would be in the final exam paper and the matarials in Cisco's website is too much for me to memorize. When seeing your replies and the document attached by Huratio, I feel I have a "target" now. I know how to prepare for the final exam.. Thank you very much...

yeahman14021988

The subject isnt to bad. I was lucky with my exam timetable that I had a week to study for it. And basically, I studied the whole course during that week, subnetting etc etc etc. If you work consistently throughout the semester you will go well in it, if not it is unnecessary stress in cramming like I did, but it isn't to bad.

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
im taking this subject this sem too..
lecturer said they changed the entire subject again.. so we are the guineapigs .. hehe
but he did say in the tute that nobody fails..
i doubt networking 101 would be that hard.. seriously ..
i like these kinda subjects where if you study hard .. you will pass..

i hate those analytical subjects where if u study hard.. u can still possibly fail..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)