A little help?! (1 Viewer)

ando88

HSC
Hi all,

Has anyone got an idea as to what university(s) are best to attend so that I can eventually become a (good) secondry DnT/or Industrial arts teacher of sorts? It looks like I might be lined up to do a B.Education... I don't know a whole lot about it though (as you can likely tell) since I've recently had a change of heart after withdrawing from my first semester of Engineering at UoW. Input of any kind would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Ando =)

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
Can't compare too many unis cause I've only attended one.... however.. I have a friend who is doing D&T Teaching at Southern Cross Uni (Coffs Harbour Campus) and absolutely loves it.. She says its really hands-on and she's learning lots and lots already in her first year...

(Unlike the first year of my teaching degree where I feel like I learned absolutely nothing!)

Good luck!

SJ

gem_max

HSC
Yep definitely SCU Coffs. I'm in 4th year there now, though I followed IT/Multimedia teaching so same core units, just a lot of my load has come from the IT/M school outside of the edu one.

The version of the course I'm doing is now fully replaced, my year has been the last year to go through, but the newer one is pretty much the same thing.

It's a very modern course and sets you up for all sorts of changes. It's not to be followed if you're just into building things. It's more than that, it's about the nature of society and the needs it places on technology education. If you like to put thought behind your industrial arts skills then this is the course for you.

But I've loved it and have so many opportunities now. It's definitely worth looking into. A small campus, great coastal town, you'll get to know your teachers well and you can stand out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)