a little help please... (1 Viewer)

kangms

HSC
umm..i've done terrible in my half yearly physics...
i've studied for it..but got 60s....
how do you study for physics ??
i can study for chemistry and that..but physics..i can't...help would be appreciated

Trajan

HSC
Well, just go through the syllabus dot point by dot point.

Answer each dot point with an exam type question that you find from various, past HSC papers, school trials, textbooks,....etc.

If you do that, they can ask you any question and you'll have it covered.

Get all the study guides possible. They are not expensive.

Last edited:

nottellingu

HSC
Different people have different methods. In an ideal world u would have mastered ur exam technique in prelim. I advise u to find what works for u FAST !!!

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
i read as much study guides and textbooks as i can, cross-reference i.e. what's common in all of them ? you should definitely remember what content is in all of them.
i would agree from all except one that when a star reaches 3 solar masses it can form a black hole (only 1 says solar mass must be 8 and im not gonna agree)

i recall the correct formula for the problem (only works in hsc, not uni), and like maths the key to success is doing random physics questions.
electric fields and projectiles especially.
know how to combine equations e.g. gravitational force of a satellite is provided by centripetal force, i.e. F = mv2/r = GmM/r2, you prolly need to find its orbital velocity so v = √GM/r

find out how the worded (not historical or social stuff) ties into problems, e.g. the force on a wire depends on the length of the conductor, current flowing through the conductor, the strength of the local magnetic field then finally its orientation to the magnetic field, i.e. represented by equation F = L I B sin θ

because hsc physics is quite contextual, summarise what you read and highlight keywords, keywords are important

one thing thats getting really popular especially last year and a year ago is they like sneaking graph questions.
graph a projectile's displacement, velocity and acceleration of a trajectory.
what does the graph of induced current look like compared to the magnetic flux flowing through it ?

kangms

HSC
alright..that helps... but what Physics textbooks are useful ?? Currently, i use macquarie physics for studying and for further information, i use Jacaranda Physics..

karnage

HSC
Get one of them Success One Physics books. They are basically the HSC Past Papers with suggested answers.

kangms

HSC
karnage said:
Get one of them Success One Physics books. They are basically the HSC Past Papers with suggested answers.
Umm..yea..but Trials are harder than HSC it self... so if i want to get good in my trials and revise every dot point note, What text book should i use ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)