A little bit of help? (research) (1 Viewer)

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
hey im not to sure if this is supposed to be posted somewhere else but i suppose it can be moved if necessary.

i'm a year 12 student and im doing an assessment, worth 30%, on morality and tweens(8-12 year olds). i have to do alot of research into developmental theorists like Maslow, Kohlberg and Erikson.

my problem is that i cannot find any info in my local library and i dont have the time to get to any uni libraries. this is where im hoping some people could help me.

i was wondering if anyone has any notes etc that they think would be helpful to me, or can even recommend websites, books etc?

thanks for any help you can offer,
email: white_spazzy@hotmail.com

L

LaraB

white_spazzy said:
hey im not to sure if this is supposed to be posted somewhere else but i suppose it can be moved if necessary.

i'm a year 12 student and im doing an assessment, worth 30%, on morality and tweens(8-12 year olds). i have to do alot of research into developmental theorists like Maslow, Kohlberg and Erikson.

my problem is that i cannot find any info in my local library and i dont have the time to get to any uni libraries. this is where im hoping some people could help me.

i was wondering if anyone has any notes etc that they think would be helpful to me, or can even recommend websites, books etc?

thanks for any help you can offer,
email: white_spazzy@hotmail.com
if you're after stuff on maslow - i'd really suggest go to uws parra library - there's a whole heap of research booklets n paper and essay sets that you can have a read of - you don't have to be a uws student to go the library and have a look although you can't use photocopiers and printers without a student card..

but..

I had an assignment last semester on among other things Maslow and the info was really really helpful. One really good one was:
Loh D., Wrathall J., and Schapper, J., (2000) The Maslow Revival : Maslow’s Hierarchy Of Needs As A Motivational Theory, Working Paper 78/00, Monash University, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Management, November 2000, pp2-5

Of course - do a google search. You can go onto any uni catalogue (i'm pretty sure... i know 100% UWS you can) - go to their web page and then the library link. You can type in the topic/subject of your research and it should give you a list of books/webpages/journal articles/videos etc that covers that subject matter.

klh

HSC
i always thought he was a management theorist [maslow]...anyway, get management books which have heaps...
your local library should have an online section...use the reference section and got to ABI/Inform global or something, they have alto of info.

L

LaraB

klh said:
i always thought he was a management theorist [maslow]...anyway, get management books which have heaps...
your local library should have an online section...use the reference section and got to ABI/Inform global or something, they have alto of info.
yes and no... Maslow's stuff can be applied to anything

eg Marketing - ie there's no use selling a prestigious car to someone who needs food 1st
Accounting - no use telling a co. it needs to do xyz to look good if it doesn't have the financial support to establish the change
Education - you need to teach people how to function 1st before teaching them how to seek self-esteem as a result

:)

klh

HSC
i c....yes i know he is in my marketing text as well, just thought he was a management theorist and others use his stuff else where, a different application.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)