a lil advice on dropping subjects (1 Viewer)

jimmik

HSC
hey all, jus wonderin if u can help me wif a my lil dilemma.

recently ive decided that ive had enuf of ancient history n would like to drop the subject altogetha as i am doin 12 units for my hsc n i hav no time to keep up wif the workload.

more importantly, i was told by a fren that they count ur best 10 units n atm im toppin ancient history (as in coming first, avg is 95%) however i also do 4 unit and am not doin as well but relatively ok for it. im scared that for my uai, they will leave out my 4 unit mark and count my ancinet mark BUT ancient scales u down while 4 unit scales u up.

can sumbody plz clear this up for me so i can feel confident abt dropping ancient? thanx alot!

santaslayer

HSC
Well I guess that's purely up to you. You need to be confident enough that your 4 unit mark can surpass that of your Ancient one. The good thing is that if you drop Ancient, you'll have plenty more time to study for 4 unit, but you need to be dedicated and committed enough to do so. :)

Blackalicious

HSC
Frankly id drop 4 unit math and keep ancient, stuff the scaling,if your comming first keep it!

jimmik

HSC
ohh okay..damn should of asked earlier, now its too late! i hav an ancient asses worth 20% in 2 days tym n i havnt started!! aaahhhh. mite as well drop it now while i can...

i jus gotta really push myself for 4 unit eh? ok how would u say i am goin so far:
1st assessmt worth 15%: score = 100% (course avg = 65%)
half yrly worth 25%: score = 66% (course avg = 62%)

im abt to get my 2nd assessment bak, worth 20%. im estimating it will b abt 80-90% mark.

compare this to ancient:
1st assessment worth 20%: score = 100% (course avg = 82%)
half yrly worth 20%: score = 88% (course avg = 80%)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
stop posting the same thread in 2 places....:hammer:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I think you should drop it. Don't waste time on a subject in which you don't like.

jimmik

HSC
yehhh! me droppin it *jumps up happily*
Originally posted by redruM
stop posting the same thread in 2 places....:hammer:
sowi yes i posted the same msg in two places cuz i wanted as much exposure n as many opinions as i could get. made my mind now so thnak uuu all.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Don't drop it.... if I had dropped the subjects I was going to drop, my UAI would have been adversely affected because they ended up counting....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)