A-Levels? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I was wondering if it was possible to take the A-levels (british) in Australia, perhaps alongside the HSC. Ive heard similar things with IB, would it be the same?

Thanks in advance.

shady145

Banned
HSC
hehe ive only heard about the british education levels once, it was in a book called the curious incident of the dog in the night time, we have to study it this year XD
umm i suppose u would have to take the HSC exam or equivalent, becasue i dnt think in Australia we have a test called A-level

johony

HSC
I was wondering if it was possible to take the A-levels (british) in Australia, perhaps alongside the HSC. Ive heard similar things with IB, would it be the same?

Thanks in advance.
i don't think there are any schools which teach the British curriculum in Australia.

whats wrong with the IB? there are quite a few schools which offer it, and it is essentially a universal passport to tertiary institutions overseas.

Last edited:

HSC
Im aware its not offered in schools, i was just wondering if doing it via correspondance was possible. But at the same time, doing the HSC.

IB.. I heard you have to do a specific program consisting of humanities and language courses. That doesnt sound too apealing tbh as its completely non-related to my career path which is mainly in science.

Musi_Zhang

HSC
N/A
i don't think there are any schools which teach the British curriculum in Australia.

whats wrong with the IB? there are quite a few schools which offer it, and it is essentially a universal passport to tertiary institutions overseas.

except for USA

US actually needs SAT or ACT
and IB or HSC is as a preference

Musi_Zhang

HSC
N/A
Im aware its not offered in schools, i was just wondering if doing it via correspondance was possible. But at the same time, doing the HSC.

IB.. I heard you have to do a specific program consisting of humanities and language courses. That doesnt sound too apealing tbh as its completely non-related to my career path which is mainly in science.

for IB

you must have following aspects

Math, English + [Science(>=1 and <=2 )+Humanities(>=1 and <=2 )](=3)

science includes physics chem and bio

humanities ->history, economics and geo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)