A Guide To USYD's Timetables and Enrolment Variation (2 Viewers)

_traveler_

That married guy
HSC
N/A
TIMETABLES:

If you're reading this then its likely that you're a first year student. Timetabling at USYD is somewhat different compared to other universities which may allow you to pick up to 3 years ahead or allow you to choose the classes at whatever specific time that its available.

At USYD you won't be able to pick your timetable until 2 weeks before semester 1 and during the exam period for semester 2. You won't be able to to pick the specific time slots for specific classes but rather you'll be able to block out times that you wish to have free.

Example from last year: Link

The blue/pruple boxes: This indicates the times which you have wished to have blocked out.

The yellow boxes: This indicates that the class there is the only one available. Any attempts to block it will not succeed as the timetabling program will override your choice.

The white boxes: These are pretty much the slots that you wish to have open and the program will try to create a timetable based on the parameters which you have given it.

Advice: most students tend to plan their timetables via this Link. The website is rather self-explanatory. Enter the UoS code's which you have enrolled in and retrieve the draft timetable for the subject. Other places which you can retrieve timetables are the faculty/department website (unit of study section: EXAMPLE) .

Here's an example which I've planned for semester 1: Link

ENROLMENT VARIATION AND ENROLMENT

Enrolment for the following year tends to open up between October and November. The deadline for online enrolments for continuing students is generally the first Friday of January. Past that date, enrolments are locked until enrolment variations are open which is 3 weeks before semester 1 starts. There are other important dates such as DNF/DF/Census Date; these can all be seen Here.

In addition to that, the enrolment variation tool on the should be pretty self-explanatory. Alpha meaning the alphabets within the UoS code. Eg: ECOP/GOVT/ANTH/etc. Digits are the Digits.

Protip: #1 Do not use chrome for enrolment variations or for that matter, don't use it on anything related to Student administration services. #2 Since myuni rarely works for me, if I do any admin related stuff I use this Link (direct link to student administration services) and this Link for webmail. But I strongly advise people to just forward their uni email to either their own email (also please remember to set your email so that when you reply you're replying through your uni.sydney.edu.au rather than your email).

For the first year students which will be reenroling next year. REMEMBER TO FILL THE TRAVEL DECLARATION WHICH IS ON MYUNI! no declaration = no concession your SID

Last edited:

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Glad I am not the only having trouble accessing MyUni... ever since the link changed I just couldn't access it at home.

Great guide by the way. :D

-o-

HSC
N/A
I was under the impression that there's a limit to the amount of times you can block out? is that not so?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I was under the impression that there's a limit to the amount of times you can block out? is that not so?
I've never come across that. There is a limit to how many times you can vary your enrollments though.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
IIRC there's a limited number of slots available where you can state your preferences RE: unavailable times

-o-

HSC
N/A
current.ask.sydney.edu.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/530

under "changes using myuni" :s

_traveler_

That married guy
HSC
N/A
current.ask.sydney.edu.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/530

under "changes using myuni" :s
Interesting... But I believe that most students will have more classes than the time slots that they're able to block out. I mean my timetable has never exceeded more than 5 per day.

-o-

HSC
N/A
Interesting... But I believe that most students will have more classes than the time slots that they're able to block out. I mean my timetable has never exceeded more than 5 per day.
Okay, so I'll be able to block out whichever and how ever many slots I want to block out?

pHyRe

HSC
Okay, so I'll be able to block out whichever and how ever many slots I want to block out?
i swear i read like a few hours ago it saying "either 1 full day or 2 1-5 hour periods is the max you can block out"

madharris

HSC
N/A
i swear i read like a few hours ago it saying "either 1 full day or 2 1-5 hour periods is the max you can block out"
I thought I might've read something like that as well last year
However i literally blocked out everything except the classes I wanted and it didn't tell me that I wasn't allowed to when I pressed done or whatever

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Never had an issue with Chrome for any admin stuff but it's definitely broken for MyUni.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Never had an issue with Chrome for any admin stuff but it's definitely broken for MyUni.
I use chrome for myuni all the time (i even used it yesterday)
I've never had a problem at all

_traveler_

That married guy
HSC
N/A
them consistencies! Chrome would never work for enrolment variations for me. Whenever I tried to drop something it would just go ignore any clicks I had :(. Myuni just spotty at best.

Weeber

HSC
N/A
I have made a draft timetable, do I have any chance of actually getting it?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
@Weeber

Keep blocking etc when customising your class times and you may get the classed you want. Keep at it for a couple of days until classes start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)