A good book/textbook which explains how Mathematical Formulae is derived? (1 Viewer)

bawd

HSC
As per title thread. I'm looking for a good book/textbook that basically explains where and how mathematical formulas (those used in 2 - 4 unit NSW mathematics, both the simple formulas and complex ones) are derived from scratch and proves them. If one such godly book does exist, please put the name up here and a brief description. Thanks.

PS. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum/thread.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: A good book/textbook which explains how Mathematical Formulae is derived?

If i can recall correctly, maths in focus has alot of proofs for the derivation of formulas.

Sometimes you can just wiki whatever formula you're looking for and a proof is there.

bawd

HSC
Re: 回复: A good book/textbook which explains how Mathematical Formulae is derived?

tommykins said:
If i can recall correctly, maths in focus has alot of proofs for the derivation of formulas.

Sometimes you can just wiki whatever formula you're looking for and a proof is there.
Thanks, Wikipedia usually provides a very different proof from how it's usually done by the teacher and I dislike it lol. I use Maths in Focus at school, but find the explanations much too simple, but yes it is good for mastering the foundations.

Anyone else have any ideas.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Re: 回复: A good book/textbook which explains how Mathematical Formulae is derived?

bawd said:
Thanks, Wikipedia usually provides a very different proof from how it's usually done by the teacher and I dislike it lol. I use Maths in Focus at school, but find the explanations much too simple, but yes it is good for mastering the foundations.

Anyone else have any ideas.
Cambridge - da best

bawd

HSC

lyounamu said:
Cambridge - da best
I have stated on numerous accounts elsewhere that I rather dislike Cambridge as it explains concepts using highly mathematical jargon that just confuses me even more. I will use it as an extension upon the foundations learnt in Maths in Focus, however. I'm not looking for a textbook as much. Just basically a book full of formulae and theorem that are proved/derived.

Thanks anyway.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

bawd said:
I have stated on numerous accounts elsewhere that I rather dislike Cambridge as it explains concepts using highly mathematical jargon that just confuses me even more. I will use it as an extension upon the foundations learnt in Maths in Focus, however. I'm not looking for a textbook as much. Just basically a book full of formulae and theorem that are proved/derived.

Thanks anyway.
Well, then go for fitzy.

I don't know. All textbooks use similar method to prove the formulas.

But I use the fitzy & couchman for all the formulas and use cambridge to reinforce them.

bawd

HSC

lyounamu said:
Well, then go for fitzy.

I don't know. All textbooks use similar method to prove the formulas.

But I use the fitzy & couchman for all the formulas and use cambridge to reinforce them.
Okay thanks. I have Fitzpatrick already, just need to go steal a copy of Cambridge and Couchman from someone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)