• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

A few Questions (1 Viewer)

Kris Q

HSC
I was interested in doing a bachelor of Arts (internation studes) at ANU and i was wondering:

1.) Can i combine it with a law degree?

2.) How does the degree compare to other uni's (im think UTS and Macquarie but all would be appreciated)

3.) Does anyone know anything about the go8 language scheme? does it apply to this degree and if so how many points can i possibly get?

4.) How many hours a week would the degree be? (both combined degrees and singular)

5.) Anything else i can be told would be greatly appreciated.

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
Kris Q said:
I was interested in doing a bachelor of Arts (internation studes) at ANU and i was wondering:

1.) Can i combine it with a law degree?
no, but you can do a Law/Arts degree with inernational relations being your arts major.

Kris Q said:
2.) How does the degree compare to other uni's (im think UTS and Macquarie but all would be appreciated)
no idea, but i'm guessing a fair bit better than those two... ANU is the highest ranked uni in australia, and those two definitely aren't.

Kris Q said:
3.) Does anyone know anything about the go8 language scheme? does it apply to this degree and if so how many points can i possibly get?
never heard of it, sorry.

Kris Q said:
4.) How many hours a week would the degree be? (both combined degrees and singular)
probably about 3-4 hours per course you do, so 12-16 hours a week of lectures & tutorials and all that jazz. you do four courses per semester regardless of whether you're doing a single or a double degree.

Kris Q said:
5.) Anything else i can be told would be greatly appreciated.
just search around the ANU website really, it's pretty useful.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Just on the side, the Arts (International Relations) degree isn't anything special. It's an arts degree with compulsory courses. You don't get to do anything that an average arts student wouldn't get to do, you just have to do certain courses and you get the words (International Relations) on your transcript. If you're looking for an advanced program consider phB Arts, which does offer flexibility and exclusive projects (however, you wouldn't be able to combine this with law). To be honest, you're better off doing a straight Arts degree (or combining an arts degree with law) just for the sheer flexibility.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Im thinking of econ/arts with an arts major in international studies

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)