a few questions (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey guys, just got a few questions

1. I see that most of you are saying your getting 90s and 100+ raw marks in past papers.....i just have to say thats fucking incredible lol...i doubt ill get 50/120. But what i want to know is do you think its possible to get that within exam conditions? Like the stress and most notably the time limit? And what portion of the state would get say an aligned mark of 80+?......cos i think im really fucked.

2. On page 135 in cambo, in example 20....not sure how they did this...but it says
let x = cos@. Then cos3@=1/2 wtf? (@=theta)

3. Mechanics. Oh god. so fucked. Will they be more lenient and give like SMH questions or the heaps hard ones seeing that everyone only just did them? I know like shit all questions.....

4. Harder 3U unit. Are these questions common? Do you really only have to know the induction, the (a+b)>thingies and circles?

5. What question will everyone get up to? I know this a bit of a stupid question seeing as exam vary from year to year (hey, at least im not asking about scaling), but realisitically is it good to just get up to q5 in the time limit?

Ok i hope i made sense
Cheers guys, good luck tomorrow....although by the sounds of it (vaja, riviet, pluvia plus other people i cant remember) you wont be needing it

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

1. Not really sure, I'll let someone else answer that for you. I usually tend to think better in exam conditions but that's just me :p

2. They just let x=cos@ and let cos3@=1/2. You just need a suitable substitution for those kind of questions

3. I think I saw one of those tides SHM questions once or twice when I was doing past papers, I usually see resisted motion or banked motions. But just study for all of them

4. Just study all of them, there's no way of predicting what is going to be in it. And also need to know some harder perm/comb

5. I'm aiming for first 2 hours 1-6 and last hour for 7-8, but that's generally what I try to do, but depends on the test

Good luck for tomorrow

H

housemouse

Whoa shit, talk about quick.
I'm aiming for 1-4 in one hour and the rest in 2 hours.

bboyelement

HSC
good luck everyone, i not gonna study probability at all, im just gonna accept the fact that im shit at them. so yeah everything else im gonna attempt.

izzy88

HSC
hey just to help on the whole raw marks for the HSC exams...i dont know about how they align and stuff but 1999 HSC the raw mark was 73.83/120, 2000 HSC was 57.52/120 i can go back further but nothing more recent than 2000....but the 1999 HSC raw mark was the highest since 1988 (the next highest raw mark was 1988 with 68.85...)

obviously they vary from year to year and the people doing 4U maths has dropped but without looking at all the different variables it makes me feel better about the marks ive been getting in practises :) (which definitly hasnt been in the 100s or 90s!)

i think ill do questions 1-4 in about an hour...but im really not sure...

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
most people don't have enough time to attempt the whole paper - i know i certainly won't. I'd like to get most things in questions 1-6, and anything in the last 2 questions is a bonus.

I reckon my raw mark won't be over 80/120....here's to hoping for a band 6!

let's just focus on owning the 3 unit paper, and appreciate the fact that doing extension 2 maths makes 2 units of ext 1 count!!!!! yay!

Also bear in mind that some of the guys on this forum are nothing short of brilliant and that the 3000 other extension 2 students in the state are probably the same as us mere mortals....

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I'm aiming to hopefully nail the first 4 questions in about an hour, or at least before the halfway mark. :p 7-8 will be insanely tricky as usual. XD

Good luck everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)