A dumb kid who is desperate to get into BArch needs advice (1 Viewer)

Fat Fung

HSC
Hey all the brothers and sisters out there doing BArch or any courses similar.
Just a Q wanna ask you all.....

I dont think I can get over 90 for my uai, but i am desperate to get into BArch(CSP)

I asked a few guys out there, they said I would have a high possibility to get into BArch with an UAI of around 80+, is this true? any of you got in the same course below the set UAI cut-offs???

I've done Graphics Tech. (aka Tech. Drawing) in yr 9 & 10 and came 1st in both years. Does this help?

I am so desperate and needed advice >< Please help...
Is it true that ppl DO get in BArch with a UAI below what the UNI has set, and what are the possibility for low 80s(UAI) to get into the course

Fat Fung

HSC
which uni??
CSP? or DFEE??

one more Q...
how many ppl in a class?? (how many class are there)

OhMaJuck

HSC
well unsw isnt the only options
ive went to 2years of tafe ultimo studying diploma of architectural technology
after my hsc...
i had really really terrible uai
ive got an offer from University of Newcaslt B.Design Architecture CSP, which im going straight to 2nd year
my other friends in tafe got in to uts. unsw, sydney.

and another option is to get in to UTS Insearch for a year and gain entry to UTS B.Architecture..

hope this help a bit

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
well unsw isnt the only options
ive went to 2years of tafe ultimo studying diploma of architectural technology
after my hsc...
i had really really terrible uai
ive got an offer from University of Newcaslt B.Design Architecture CSP, which im going straight to 2nd year
my other friends in tafe got in to uts. unsw, sydney.

and another option is to get in to UTS Insearch for a year and gain entry to UTS B.Architecture..

hope this help a bit
Not to be rude or anything.

But um your 9 months late ? :confused::confused:

КГБ

Banned
HSC
OP didnt come anywhere close to the cut off. lolz

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Hey all the brothers and sisters out there doing BArch or any courses similar.
Just a Q wanna ask you all.....

I dont think I can get over 90 for my uai, but i am desperate to get into BArch(CSP)

I asked a few guys out there, they said I would have a high possibility to get into BArch with an UAI of around 80+, is this true? any of you got in the same course below the set UAI cut-offs???

I've done Graphics Tech. (aka Tech. Drawing) in yr 9 & 10 and came 1st in both years. Does this help?

I am so desperate and needed advice >< Please help...
Is it true that ppl DO get in BArch with a UAI below what the UNI has set, and what are the possibility for low 80s(UAI) to get into the course
Your best option is to go study architectural technology at Tafe and then apply for a transfer to UTS architectural. (or UNSW, USYD)

HSC
When i started Barch at UNSW two years ago, they used to have a degree called Science Architecture and all the first year courses were IDENTICAL to the first year courses for Barch. So a few of my friends who didnt get the uai for Barch just applied for a transfer at the end of their first year and it was as if they were doing Barch all along. Unfortunately they don't have that anymore, but maybe you can do a Bachelor of Architectural Computing (UAI 79) which probably shares around half of the first year courses with Barch. You'll have to start Barch from the start again but you can use your advanced standing as time to do electives or gen ed.

Your tech drawing skills are going to help you out A LOT. Lecturers go all gooey for people with actual skills and talent. I did this construction assignment with a guy who spent some time at TAFE and he did all our drawings. They don't spend a lot of time helping you with drafting etc...

Anyway I don't do architecture anymore, I'm starting a planning degree this year. I always wished I had a bit more technical experience and was a little older. ( i started my degree when i was 17) So don't worry if you don't get in straight away, you'll probably be better off if you didnt :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)