A discussion for the Average BoS user ~ How are you going with your Study/HSC/etc (1 Viewer)

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
High being 80-95
The aligning in standard english is terrible.
Say that you get ~80/105 in an English exam
That would equate to ~80 in standard english whilst it would be ~90 in advance english

ChongDaddy

HSC
Same position as you are! Only except that my HSC is now. I only have one word of advice, study now, study it really hard, because right now I regret flunking half my units. If you put in some work and effort in now you will get the ATAR you deserve. For me I'm totally screwed.

YOLO for HSC unless you repeat

kietkiet

HSC
Same position as you are! Only except that my HSC is now. I only have one word of advice, study now, study it really hard, because right now I regret flunking half my units. If you put in some work and effort in now you will get the ATAR you deserve. For me I'm totally screwed.

What subjects do you do ?
Also, what subject should i study the most in ?

Last edited:

ahdil33

HSC
Was this thread meant to be here :O We're all finishing now

procrastinating and wasting time until I need to study then go mad

HSC
N/A
I'm average too. high, five!

I suck at math. Haven't done much these exams. Will probably regret. But will regret it when the time comes, I really have no motivation atm. Plans to join army were decimated, and my heart broken. Plans to go to uni next year.

Estimated atar of over 90, but at this rate, i'll be lucky to get in the 80s. Still have high hopes, but perhaps I am cocky. Bio exam tomorrow, haven't done anything today or yesterday tbh.

Yay.

nifkeh

HSC
> Average BoS user
> Not a Math prodigy (Shocking, i'm asian too)
> Not expecting a 90+ ATAR (although that would be cool)
> Wants to go to University (Parents say go to Uni or you'll get no where in life, i go along with this delusion, i know school is important)
> Started Year 12 this week
> Hardly studied in year 11
> Just starting to get into studying - it's been okay ..

> Curious to see if anyone else is in the same position
> How much do/did you study for the HSC (average student input > Brainy BoS user input)
> What is your ATAR aim ? (mines 75-85)
I'm like 80% like you, except I'm expecting a 91+ ATAR, doing more maths. During year 11 I crammed for all my tests, highest I got was 89% in a chem prac lol, hit over 90's in maths class tests and history assignment but overall no band 6 in report

gayforniall

HSC
Uni Grad

What subjects do you do ?
Also, what subject should i study the most in ?
He does Advanced English, 3 Unit Maths, 2 Unit Maths, Chemistry, Biology, IPT and SOR 1.

nifkeh

HSC
>There is a fakeness that exists within the HSC. During the course of the year, your cohort is so competitive, so desperate to get a single digit rank, those awards- and then post trials, you need to work together. So now the girl who mocked your history results, called you dumb, is now telling you to ''study.''
agree, people will not be generous to help you out during the year because you know, they put themselves first for marks, then after that they realise in order to keep themselves 'good' they need to 'make' others study after trials for the externals, as if they were caring for you. they're not, they're still caring for their marks more than you. if they wanted to help you out they could give notes to you, but just saying 'study' is like implying you're not 'studying' as much as they are, so either way they're trying to make you feel bad to make themselves better and that's their main goal. these people are really pretentious, they avoid you at all costs to keep themselves good, but when they need you and your input they try to be all fake friendly and stuff but in reality they're just benefiting from you and they won't return the favour. No one would be like to their friend in the same year 'thanks so much for my ATAR, love you so much', they won't acknowledge your 'help' at all, they're just using you. All they care for is competitiveness over just being friendly/not selfish and they won't care or worry about you if your marks are bad, especially when you've helped them. It's not like they will help you get into uni anyway

nifkeh

HSC

YOLO-ing an exam means you just go in unprepared/not fully prepared and hope for the best and that it's okay and you fluke it probably. It also means BS-ing some stuff and making things sound legit from your memory from ages ago/cramming lol. if you YOLO the HSC then expect a 85-90 ATAR at the best, because you yolo'd it

kietkiet

HSC
How much do externals affect your ATAR ?

Like say if i got 90+ in general maths and my class gets 50-70 at most, will that drag me down or make me look good ?

kietkiet

HSC
What subject did you guys/girls study for the most ? Is 2 hours studying everyday alright ?

gayforniall

HSC
Uni Grad
What subject did you guys/girls study for the most ? Is 2 hours studying everyday alright ?
Honestly, I studied most for Adv English on a ratio of 10:1. Ideally I should've studied everything else a lot more, but oh well, too late now. I should be studying for Biology right now too...

HSC
I REPEAT THIS
DO NOT FUCKING STOP STUDYING
DO NOT FUCKING STOP STUDYING.
i cannot repeat this enough

You must finish syllabus early and write those notes fast

kietkiet

HSC
Is 2 hours studying a night alright ? or should i do more ?

My current schedule:
Monday - IPT
Tuesday - Maths
Wednesday - Business Studies
Thursday - English
Friday - Assignments

I'll probably raise it to 4 hours a day when exams are incoming

Laughable

HSC
Studied jack shit during half yearlies, got results around 45~70%.
Trials I studied legit last minute 50~78%.
HSC I actually kinda studied but around the last week before exams started LMAO.

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
Asian or not, here is my life story. I had 4 exams this week. The night before was the first time I've ever touched past HSC questions for Economics and Biology respectively. I do pay attention in class though. But it's human nature to leave everything till the last minute. The night before, I studied the entire course from my notes thoroughly in a long time, then I'd attempt some past HSC questions, then I'd wake up at 5am to study the bits I'm iffy on more.

I would like at 97+ ATAR but I really don't mind. Education is not what it is anymore. People value it for the wrong reasons. Despite this, I'd like this ATAR because it can be proof that I can work hard for my own merit. Not others. I'd also like to go to Yale or Oxford after finishing my first degree in Sydney. The end.

P.S Since it seems that many of you are starting Year 12.. a few words. I'm not going to blabber on with advice because it's different for everybody, you just have to find it early. It depends on where you want to get to. If I have the chance to talk to my young Year 12 self, this is what I'd say. Enjoy life.

Last edited:

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm kind of happy that you are concerned with this now. I mean, you sound motivated so I wish you all the best with sustaining this. I'm sure you can do this and do really well even if you are doubtful. I never consistently studied. I would always study 2 weeks before my block of trials though but in consistently studying syllabus content will be your best friend which is excellent. I'd say at your point in time, 2 hours is solid. But always have this mindset: study smart not hard! (though studying hard is good but the point is, intensity is more effective)

Maryanayeah

HSC
Just started year 12 this week... someone throw some motivation on me :p

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
Just started year 12 this week... someone throw some motivation on me :p
No matter. I wasn't motivated till I saw how important it was (ie. when exams started). I guess don't view motivation as something that is fleeting. It has to be solid, it has to be there. You can't get anywhere otherwise.

Ask yourself what you want from this year. It can be the popular answer of so and so ATAR score. Or may be it is the learn more about yourself. As cheesy as it sounds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)