A clockwork orange (1 Viewer)

ForTheWin

HSC
hi everyone,

i plan on choosing 'A Clockwork Orange' by Anthony Burgess as a related text. do you guys think its a good idea? the themes in this book are a bit explicit.

alternatively, another book i have in mind is 'the life of pi'. which one would be better? comments and suggestions will be deeply appreciated.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^yeah, poem should be a good related material.

However, many prescribed texts are actually poems so choosing poem as a related material limits the variety of texts presented in the essay, hence significantly reducing the scope for expressing your thoughts.

I would personally suggest using different text type as a related material first and go for the one that can be easily managed in terms of length. And remember to choose the related text that has the core message in the concept of belonging such as Rabbit-Proof Fence even though it has been spectulated by many that it is being too overally overused.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
ForTheWin said:
hi everyone,

i plan on choosing 'A Clockwork Orange' by Anthony Burgess as a related text. do you guys think its a good idea? the themes in this book are a bit explicit.

alternatively, another book i have in mind is 'the life of pi'. which one would be better? comments and suggestions will be deeply appreciated.
Don't try and analyse A Clockwork Orange, you'll do your head in something fierce.

chamelia

HSC
It's a tad ambitious a choice. I'm currently just reading it - and it's hard to wrap my head around so writing about it when you are in that hall doing your HSC - with the pressure on completely would be nuts.

Wonderful taste tho. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)