A call to all Engineers! (1 Viewer)

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Umm... seeing as though almost every 2nd person i run into at Uni is doing Engineering, i wonder why hardly any are BOS members, or hardly any post here, perhaps u all have "lives"... dun know!

well if anyone is out there, I know a few regular posters are doing Engineering, just post, and fill us in, How r u finding ur course?

hmm... well to answer that myself, I have to say 'Engineering Design' is plain "awesome", the competition today was great, my team and I managed to keep 40+ mm out 50mm of water in the cup attached to the parachute device we created!

Well!... Anyone there!!!

hmm, maybe everyones migrated to Webvista, i know I have, although whenever i get the time i try posting here!

So, how r u finding engineering?

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Just wait till the 30 hour workload crushes your spirit and you are forced to drink yourself into a alcohol induced stupor to foget the amount of work you ahve...

God I can't wait to graduate and get a job...

Numero Uno

HSC
was there .. wasnt worth any marks and i was a bit tired so i went to sleep ..

our team got around ~40 ml so yeh we went alright

the course is quite gay to tell u the truth ... though it is a bludge

fuk the text book is a rip off

shannonm

HSC
N/A
maybe it's because. all the 2nd+ year engineers are depressed because of the dumbed down programs current first years have

no more 7-8 subjects in a session, it's all fine and dandy 4 (5 if gened) subjects in each session now
and the 'gift' courses (that engg crap, design and computing), as well as making all our hardest courses 6UOC whilst hardly making any additions to the course (mechanics of solids will be 6uoc, as well as the new elec2031)
we are always bitching about that
so enjoy your 4 subjects in a session.. for the rest of your degree.

Abtari

HSC
lol, personally, im enjoying this engineering course except for the engg1000 course. im not very good with computers, so im scared shitless, of comp1911, computing1..i should have done computing for engineers but then again, they teach u how to use excel in that so not much point relli..with the engg1000, it seems too 'wishy-washy'..i mean wtf..a massive grid notebook..

btw, with that experiment on water retention yesterday, our group got 46mm..im not sure if neone got all of it or more than us but yea..it was fun for a while, then the novelty wore off and i thought the whole course engg1000 was pretty lame..*sigh*..

who is finding this first week gruelling? so much house-keeping and stuff to sort out..hopefully it will get more routine-y after this week.. slept for 6 hours for the last 3 days, sooo tired..

and whoever said 4 courses wasnt enough, are u crazy? most engineering students have five day timetables, and they're pretty intense, i.e. the speed with which they run through the couse is frightening..put it this way, tutes and labs havent even started this week, and im already fatigued.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Abtari said:
and whoever said 4 courses wasnt enough, are u crazy? most engineering students have five day timetables, and they're pretty intense, i.e. the speed with which they run through the couse is frightening..put it this way, tutes and labs havent even started this week, and im already fatigued.
Heh, that's like exactly how I was after 1st week, but after 2nd week u pretty much get used to it. The housekeeping stuff turned out to be more time consuming than the actual work. Plus tutes starting kinda make it easier rather than harder, I mean it's like an hour or two of free, assisted studying.

I find the speed kinda amusing, like how in physics you'll go through like 4 concepts in a 1 hour lecture, whereas at high school the teacher had to spend like a week on a single concept so all the 'slow' people could grasp it.

drewbrow1

(Ninja)
HSC
Abtari said:

Some of us have 9 courses this session. You will do some courses exactly the same, but they will be worth twice as much credit. We just want you to share our pain : (

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Numero Uno said:
was there .. wasnt worth any marks and i was a bit tired so i went to sleep ..

our team got around ~40 ml so yeh we went alright

the course is quite gay to tell u the truth ... though it is a bludge

fuk the text book is a rip off

I agree with the fact that its a bludge, but i dont mind a bit of a bludge after a long day of physics and maths!

And besides, It wont be so bludgy later on, after we finalise our projects I assume it should start getting hectic!...Although I seriously cant see myself building an 'Artificial Hand'...itll be interesting to see this project unfold!

Oh and in regards to the text book, lol

I Had the text book in my hand, about to go and line up...and was about to reach for $80.. when i over hear this girl having a conversation with someone asking whether the design book was necessary... the message i got was that it wasnt... so i put it back down with a smile on my face knowing i may have just saved $80 (of course i acted on the assumption that the person she was speaking to knew what they were on about!)

oh and in regards to the design task, Ahh i think the report that's due on the 14th is assessed (like %5) Im really not sure, but its a possibility!

drewbrow1 said:
Some of us have 9 courses this session. You will do some courses exactly the same, but they will be worth twice as much credit. We just want you to share our pain : (
I may be able to feel ur pain (in some very odd way) but Im glad i dont have to 'share' it!

Hmm... I thought we'd be having like 6-8 subjects in 2nd year, but thanks for filling us in I guess :)

Oh and Abtari, yeah i think a couple of ppl managed to keep all 50 ml in the cup, but neverthless, 46 is one of the highest, we got 44 which isnt that bad either...lol a few ppl got 0... but the average (very rough average) was about 30 ml

sig

HSC
I find it funny how my 3uoc fluid course has greater workload than my 6uoc microeconomics course

deadnature

HSC
Yeah out team got like 32 mls, and around 7-8 for the presentation etc. Now it's just that report thingy - anyone got into that yet???

I can just see myself halfway through 1st session before a test:

" I should really be studyin guys.."

"Shut up and SKOLL SKOLL SKOLL!!!!!"

3 mins later :sleep:

8 am next mornin: BEEP BEEP BEEP

".......oh crap...."

later on in week

" I should really be studyin guys.."

It's a vicious cycle

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
i agree shannom..

"Mathematics 2A"

o...k...

and no more 3cp elec courses for the new first years
sigh...

and rofl andrew.. is that you
AHHA YOU LOSER

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)