A&C powerplay syllabus translation (1 Viewer)

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
hey guys can any1 explain wot this means from the syllabus plzzzzzzzz

consider how the depiction of particular relationships provides insight into the nature of politics and consider the extent to which power resides with the people.

evette13

HSC
okay that sounds strange...probs will get asked that now i look at it!
Im thinking its along the lines on how political power is represented in texts and then it seems like we have to outline how much power the people have over their leaders or something...? what a stupid outcome!

poodoorfan

hgrwhgthr

using antony and cleopatra.

"depiction of particular relationships" eg. antony and cleopatras

"Provides insight into the nature of politics" how cleopatra can manipulate antony which results in his diminishing political power

"consider the extent to which power resides with the people" i guess how everyone gives up on antong in a way the over rule him and he kills himself.

thats my interpretation of it anyway hoped it helped.

manifestation

What?!
HSC
· How the depiction of particular relationships provides insight into the nature of politics
- Antony and Caesar
- We see a clash of two powerful but opposite personalities, a hedonist (An individual or one who lives only for pleasure.) Vs an ascetic. (A person who leads a life of contemplation and rigorous self-denial for religious purposes.)
- Caesar is cold and focused, describing Antony’s behaviour as ‘rioting in Alexander’.
- Shakespeare shows that basic personality clashes can be the driving focus in politics: personal rivalries being shaped into matters of state and empire.
- Antony and Cleopatra
- This relationship shows powerplay in personal and sexual contexts. As Cleopatra taunts Antony in Act I, scene i, we see the tension between powerplay at a personal level and powerplay at a political level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)