a book that made you cry (1 Viewer)

blueskyy

HSC
Uni Grad
East of Eden by John Steinbeck, that book had me crying, laughing, holding my breath at so many different points

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
what in fucks name is up with your sig u creep
if it was a guy and girl turtle how would u react?

also as for books where i cried, no book has made me cry tbh although of mice and men was really emotional, the book thief was also quite emotional but i think the simplicity of the former's just heightened that emotion so much more

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
I was gonna say mice and men but then I realised I already said it in another thread today ken r u a wizard?

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
I was gonna say mice and men but then I realised I already said it in another thread today ken r u a wizard?
according to some guy called hagrid but he wouldn't be the first morbidly obese and fishy looking drug addict to say it to me

levelup888

HSC
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows :'( When Fred died I had to stop reading and I couldn't believe it. I ended up crying a bit when it hit me. First time I cried because of a book T.T
The Fault in our stars was the only other time I cried. SO SAD!

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, Catcher in the Rye acctually. :)
I'm reading that atm (half way through)-Holden is starting to great, so if I turn out from wanting to punch him to crying I'll be impressed!

I've cried in Littlest Princess, one of the Circle of Magic books, Flowers for Algernon (ohhh), Book Thief, somewhere in HP hmmm top ones I remember at this point.

Triage

HSC
N/A
I'm reading that atm (half way through)-Holden is starting to great, so if I turn out from wanting to punch him to crying I'll be impressed!

I've cried in Littlest Princess, one of the Circle of Magic books, Flowers for Algernon (ohhh), Book Thief, somewhere in HP hmmm top ones I remember at this point.
In HP The Prince's Tale in the Deathly Hallows. I read that when it first came out and it was the only point of all the books that I cried. It was actually a revelation at the time if you hadn't spoilt it with the movie.

HSC
So I think two books have done so for me so far. The first one was a book called "The Stolen" by Alex Shearer and I think this one was for actually insightful reasons as it carried a beautiful lesson to it, the second was "The Death Cure", ending to the series Maze Runner not sure how it managed that to be honest since I was expecting something of the sort, yet it still got more tears then Titanic XD

butterflygrace

HSC
The endings of every Harry Potter book from Goblet of Fire made me cry. Also, Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami was very emotional. But the saddest book I've ever read was called Kira-kira by Cynthia Kadohata. It used to be my favourite book when I was a child, but I reread it years later and I cried so much I couldn't believe it :cry:

Last edited:

Shazia25

HSC
Harry potter
The book thief
the maze runner
the fault in our stars (bawling)
the infernal devices (bawling)
the mortal instruments (bawling)
and many more....

Fade1233

HSC
N/A
How do you have the courage to even start reading a novel? I would probably die if I had to read any novel, Let alone that I didnt even read the school prescribed texts. Not because they are emotional or such, They are just plainly a pain. I just sparknotes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)