A 4hr break on wednesday!! help (1 Viewer)

kranqualizer

HSC
I have this problem with my timetable.
On wednesday i have an econ lecture at 11 and finishes at 1...
then i need to wait for 4 hours for the tutorial which starts at 5 and finishes at 6..

does anyone have a similar problem??? change or deal with it?

nik_noodle

HSC
Go into 'Customise my Timetable' and block off a 5 hour period on Wednesday afternoon when your tute is supposed to be.

That's your best option. It will juggle things around and it might work out better for you.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
3 hr breaks are the longest i've had.

it depends if ur a studier, if u study a lot, then u can use the break to study, if u dont, then try get it changed

tennille

HSC
I have a three hour break on Wednesday. I can't change my timetable around either. :(

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
longest break i had was from like 11am to 6pm so i just blocked out those hours on the 'customise' page and it shoved the late class to another day and it was all sexy again ;)

so if you dont want the gap or dont think you'll do anything worthwhile with it, change it that way.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
methods of changing is as aforementioned...

and if you can't change it, you have my sympathy... i had a 4hr gap last semester... believe it piss the crap out of me...

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
I've got a three-hour gap that I've been trying to shoehorn an ANHS tute into, but whatever I block off it either gives me the Thursday afternoon tute (bad, because I have nothing else on Thursdays and don't feel like coming in at 4pm) or the 9am Wednesday tute (which is too early). I think the tute I actually want is close to full, so they're putting me into smaller groups which unfortunately have crappy timetabling.

But I don't mind a three-hour gap. I'll use it to go to the gym or do some work. Theoretically. I'll actually spend it drinking coffee and eating Shapes.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I wouldn't mind such a long break. Use the time to commit to some clubs and socs (if possible) or if you're nerdy enough, go to the library and do some work or something like that...lol

webby234

HSC
N/A
I have a five hour break on a Thursday. And it's two lectures that can't be changed.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
webby234 said:
I have a five hour break on a Thursday. And it's two lectures that can't be changed.
Isn't there any way you could shift a tute or a lab into the middle sometime, just to break up the monotony?

webby234

HSC
N/A
Not without getting a five hour gap on friday instead.

And I'll find something to do - I might be able to work during that time.

rnber

HSC
when you go to 'customise my timetable' and block out the time periods, and you have to 'try timetable' ... is the timetable you get after that permanent? i'm really scared of trying to get a new timetable becuase it might be worse than my current timetable. im kind of hating my timetable because i have an 8am-7pm day on tuesday, and i have 4 hour breaks on wednesday, thursday and friday... which will be so annoying...

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
When you click 'try timetable' it gives you a preview of what the new timetable would be, and you can accept or reject it. Once you accept it, it's your new timetable - but you can continue to use the customisation form to change it as much as you want.

Last edited:

rnber

HSC
ok then.. thanks triangulum. promise i can reject it? lol i really don't want to get stuck with a worse timetable!

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Don't worry. I generated myself about five crappy timetables and rejected them all. You'll be fine.

Seryn

Ayreonaut
HSC
Well I actually have two 4 hour breaks, 1 on monday, one on wednesday. All attempts to change them have resulted in me having a 6 hour block of lessons = no friggen way. Which leaves me filling my breaks with
a)Study, b)Maybe volunteer at the Nicholson, and the all important c)Bluding with friends and hanging with Sutekh :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Skeeta

HSC
I would MUCH rather do 6 hours straight, than have two four hour breaks. All you need is coffee.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH best av ever. i want that tshirt.

HSC
Skeeta said:
I would MUCH rather do 6 hours straight, than have two four hour breaks. All you need is coffee.
Well I have both so yay for me. Monday and Thursday I have four breaks and Tuesday I have three lectures in a row PLUS I don't drink coffee. So fun times ahead for me....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)