99.6 what aggregate is that (1 Viewer)

lil tiger

FOR Law entry at Usyd. What will the aggregate be around?

Any chance Law entry will increase by a increment from the UAI cutoffs trend?

untamedanimal

I dont know if this is what you mean, but a UAI of 99.6 will be an aggregate of about 462. Divided by 10 units is about 46.2/50 per unit

Wohzazz

HSC
Think he means increasing law at USyd increasing to 99.65 in 2005.

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by lil tiger
FOR Law entry at Usyd. What will the aggregate be around?

Any chance Law entry will increase by a increment from the UAI cutoffs trend?
There has always been speculation of USYD Law rising to 99.65...even this year a lotta people were betting on it :).....honestly, its really hard to tell! :)

I bet it will be stable :p...but im only guessing

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
they cant rise too much there are only about 350 99.6+ ppl each year and alot of them will do med, some will also choose UNSW law, and then there are also actuarial, optometry, adv science and aerospace, if anything unsw will probably cover the rise in law uai

Blackalicious

HSC
Your joking right??? I seriously hope that UNSW Law doesnt rise too much!

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by untamedanimal
I dont know if this is what you mean, but a UAI of 99.6 will be an aggregate of about 462. Divided by 10 units is about 46.2/50 per unit
is this a scaled aggregate??
coz that'd mean u'd need an aligned mark of around 48/50 per unit, which is tough.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
99.6 was never meant to be easy, but what particular subjects are you thinking of? SAM gives a 99.90 for a 48/50 in each sub.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
they cant rise too much there are only about 350 99.6+ ppl each year and alot of them will do med, some will also choose UNSW law, and then there are also actuarial, optometry, adv science and aerospace, if anything unsw will probably cover the rise in law uai
lol, are those the only courses ppl who get 99.6+ do?

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by Estel
99.6 was never meant to be easy, but what particular subjects are you thinking of? SAM gives a 99.90 for a 48/50 in each sub.
aggregrate is based on a sum of scaled marks, so in SAM 48/50 is an aligned mark, which might make the result go a bit off what it's meant to.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
The numbers don't get scaled too much up there... :)

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by jm1234567890
lol, are those the only courses ppl who get 99.6+ do?
if i wanted to do a course that only need 90, and i got 99.6 i'd probably still stick with the original course. i don't think i'd do medicine or law for the hell of it.

mack

Banned
HSC
Good thinking. One of the higher students at my school in a previous year got around 99.9 and chose to do law, however they didnt do legal studies in prelim or hsc and had no intentions of ever becoming a lawyer prior to this. He was accepted though because it has no prerequisites. It seemed he just arbitrarily selected law because of its high cutoff and "prestige" factor. Now he hates it and wants to get out. Big mistake.

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by mack
Good thinking. One of the higher students at my school in a previous year got around 99.9 and chose to do law, however they didnt do legal studies in prelim or hsc and had no intentions of ever becoming a lawyer prior to this. He was accepted though because it has no prerequisites. It seemed he just arbitrarily selected law because of its high cutoff and "prestige" factor. Now he hates it and wants to get out. Big mistake.
yea, and it often confuses me when people can't decide whether to do law or medicine....:confused:
they're two entirely different courses....it's obvious people just do it for the prestige.
like that guy u know.....he's probably wasted a whole year at uni...he was probably better off getting 97 or 98.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
And waste of a valuable place for someone who truly wants to do law.....Shame...

mack

Banned
HSC
So since he has pulled out his space cant be filled? So in effect he has potentially deprived someone of their chosen degree? What a douchebag........

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by mack
So since he has pulled out his space cant be filled? So in effect he has potentially deprived someone of their chosen degree? What a douchebag........
maybe it can be filled by someone who wants to transfer (if a transfer is possible).
in general, those guys are selfish. however, i'm not in a position to judge, coz i don't know what sorts of pressures and influences that guy was under. sometimes it's not the student to blame, but rather their parents, teachers etc...
not that i'm blaming teachers and parents, but they can get in the way sometimes. i'm sure everyone agrees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)