60% of Uni Students live below the Poverty Line (1 Viewer)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
stfu about starcraft and talk more about being povo at uni. i had to go back to 2005 to find threads that arent about islam, ffs.

HSC
N/A
my fucking ass 60% students are povo. fucking left wing wankers just trying to leach more tax payer money.

shut up katie

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
nearly every really poor student I've met is also a lazy piece of shit.

i'm able to earn intense dollars while at uni.
If people can't get jobs they should stop being such unemployable filthy hippies

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
my fucking ass 60% students are povo. fucking left wing wankers just trying to leach more tax payer money.

shut up katie
Fuck off you shit house cunt rag of a troll. I'm not supporting useless bum students who cbf getting a job, want to whinge about the shit amount YA pays whilst also supporting the forced removal of funds for student unions..

Fairly simple concept to comprehend cumstain. Has the removal of USU done anything to alleviate financial pressure, keeping in mind this thread was originally created before the introduction of VSU. Are students still poor, and are they still too useless to get a job to supplement their income.

HSC
N/A
WTF are you on about you retarded skank of a hoe?
I'm not supporting useless bum students who cbf getting a job, want to whinge about the shit amount YA pays whilst also supporting the forced removal of funds for student unions..
^thats what i believe as well.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
nearly every really poor student I've met is also a lazy piece of shit.

i'm able to earn intense dollars while at uni.
If people can't get jobs they should stop being such unemployable filthy hippies
I applied for literally hundreds of jobs after HSC and for the first year of uni, Its very very hard to land one that fits around your uni schedule especially for high contact-hours courses.

We should switch this discussion BACK into how can we alleviate student poverty?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
These students supposedly living 'below the poverty line', would still be among the richest 10% of people on earth.

I work for $11/hour and I consider myself exceedingly well off.

rasengan90

HSC
Does this take into account kids living with mummy and daddy who don't make their own money?

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
No wonder my friend decided to drop out of Uni and enrolled into TAFE, I should do it too, it cost much less, plus she got a fucking 70k job after finishing her course. :burn:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I applied for literally hundreds of jobs after HSC and for the first year of uni, Its very very hard to land one that fits around your uni schedule especially for high contact-hours courses.

We should switch this discussion BACK into how can we alleviate student poverty?
I found an office job at the start of last year that paid $16.50 ph with no references. I got the sack from that in August, and found another one which paid even more, with no references.

You're not looking hard enough.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
I found an office job at the start of last year that paid $16.50 ph with no references. I got the sack from that in August, and found another one which paid even more, with no references.

You're not looking hard enough.
This.

Except I went and asked a lecturer. No interview, no references, not even a CV.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I got an admin job with NSW Health having no admin qualifications and one casual admin job behind me, a year out of school.

It's not that hard, the limiting factor is generally people who don't want to work in jobs 'below them'.

Woollies night shelf stackers get paid shit loads, and that doesn't conflict with uni times. Just suck it up and learn to time manage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)