57.30 atar - UWS or other better options for me? (1 Viewer)

Rentome

HSC
N/A
My atar is 57.30 and got an early offer for bachelor of engineering at UWS. I really want to go to MQ uni and do engineering there, so should I accept this course then transfer or are there better options for me?

HSC
You have 2 options (that i can think of)

- You can get into a non-engineering related course at MQ and then transfer the next semester assuming your marks will be adequate, however its a waste of a semester...

- You can do engineering for a semester at UWS and then transfer, at least your time will be used for what you really want :)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
If you do Engg at UWS it's likely all or most of your units will be credited when/if you transfer.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
How can you study @ Macquarie with that ATAR? I thought you would need at least 70 or higher as most of their courses are at least this high. Unless you're talking about SIBT or the non-reward program, I'd go with UWS. You're still even lucky to be accepted by UWS with that ATAR.

AB940

HSC
Uni Grad
Personally, I'd accept the offer. Like that, you can transfer (most likely with credit for what you've done) to Macquarie later on if you get high enough marks.

Rentome

HSC
N/A
I accepted the offer. :) So shocked when I got accepted into a 74 atar course at UWS with my atar lol.

qazwsxedc123

HSC
surely you did physics, adv maths, ext 1 2 maths that related to the engineering

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
did u put uws engineering as your first preference
yep !!

actually my second preference, is engo in UWS parramatta and my 4 and 5 is penrith UWS(both different major)

Last edited:

JamesGoh

HSC
i'd accept the offer from UWS. I wouldn't worry about transferring unis, since most employees in Australia or any other western country are more interested in your experience rather than what uni you went to.

However, if your really keen on working in China, Singapore or an Asian country, you should try and transfer (possibly to USYD instead of MaqU) as people in those countries are more interested in your academic marks and what uni you went to rather than your experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)