50% of ecmt final exam is multiple choice!!!! (1 Viewer)

Lainee

HSC
:p Yeah, it's true. 30/60 marks is from Multiple Choice. If you want to, you can have a look at the front page of the exam paper under Blackboard->ECMT->Assessment->Final Exam->FrontPage.pdf

Note that front page also says:
"You may only use the university-supplied Casio fx-85MS calculator, no other personal calculator will be admitted to the examination room."

Last edited:

sarevok

HSC
I'm not sure whether this is a good thing or a bad thing.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Lainee said:
:p Yeah, it's true. 30/60 marks is from Multiple Choice. If you want to, you can have a look at the front page of the exam paper under Blackboard->ECMT->Assessment->Final Exam->FrontPage.pdf

Note that front page also says:
"You may only use the university-supplied Casio fx-85MS calculator, no other personal calculator will be admitted to the examination room."
i think i have a fx-87 or something? fucking tightass if you ask me. first acct practice sets now this. im already paying 1000 dollars to do the course. this sort of stuff should be provided and included in the fees.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ok i will fire up. slightly.
for long answer, you can simply put down a few lines of working and get 2/5 marks or around that. multiple choice: its wrong or its right.

HOWEVER, i don't mind it, as in maths based subjects multiple choice always has a correct answer. There's no ambiguity.
This isn't marketing.

oh and jon. never helping you with ecmt again. i hope you get analed by multiple choice and don't get the 1 mark bonus for filling your name correctly. stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Soaphiae

I wonder why they're doing this for ecmt, it is not as if ecmt is a very english based subject (apart from remembering a few stock sentences, which anyone should be able to do, there is hardly any english at all).

None of the past exam papers contained multiple choice. I don't know whether it will be better or worse for us.

This amuses me -->

To encourage you to enter your data correctly, there is available to all who take the exam on June 20 a bonus processing mark worth 1% of your entire UoS mark. The bonus is earned provided you enter your details and responses in your Multiple Choice Answer Sheet according to the Directions given on the form. You will forfeit your bonus if the computer detects any mistake when your form is scanned (e.g. use of liquid paper, excessive smudging, inadequate marking), this also includes any incorrect SID coding. Follow the directions printed on the Answer Sheet.
Imagine if that one mark determined pass or fail.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
Ah crap, I thought you were kidding. Oh well, at least they give us a slightly funky calculator.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
This might also be because the markers are lazy, aside from the international student thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)