5 days until first exams, AND I JUST GOT GLANDULAR FEVER!!! help me, what do i do ? (1 Viewer)

AngelznDemonz

HSC
Re: 5 days until first exams, AND I JUST GOT GLANDULAR FEVER!!! help me, what do i do

All i can say is i know how you are feeling! I got glandular for the 1st time in year 10, and another bout last year!! I suggest that you you attempt to sit ur exams..but then again its up 2 u!!I know what you mean bout the painkillers...they put you on another planet.Anyways you know what you can and can't do!
After all, ur health is forever(hopefully) but the HSC is shortlived...Thats what I keep tellin myself...it keeps me sane.

All I can say is good luck and I hope you pick up soon!!
P.s.did the doctors find urs easy 2 diagnose? Cos my doctor had 2 rule out leukaemia(i cant spell) at one stage.

dave197

HSC
Re: 5 days until first exams, AND I JUST GOT GLANDULAR FEVER!!! help me, what do i do

im getting another check up from another doctor tomorow, getting my blood test results again, wats the difference if i do or dont sit the exams.. if i do and i do extreamly lousy will they just add marks on?? or will the make an educated estimate based on all my other results..

Mrs.McDreamy

stalker inc. president
HSC

If I was you what I would do is:
Make sure you have been diagnosed definitively with glandular fever by a doctor, this gives you evidence
Contact the school TOMORROW, or call the help line. Get advice of proffessionals as quickly as possible
Know that you have until 11th November to file a misadventure form
Turn up to the exam!! It's very important that if you can, then you do.
Don't worry about your mark, do your best, stay healthy, and if you follow the correct proceedure they WILL take into consideration that you are sick

dave197

HSC

fuk im so angry right now.. it seems like the study ive done in the past few months has gone down the drain
i seirously can not think clearly, be it the pian killers, the added stress of this...i so scared that i will go in the exam, if i feel anything like i do right now, i will probably get a shit result, teachers along with BOS will review my case, not knowing that i am a student who has made a real turn around since trials...its hard for me.. going from someone who went out nearly every day, i couldnt study for longer than an hour, to cuting down going out to 1 time a week sometimes not going at all, staying home doing study.. then this is what happens to me.. i need this uai, i need it to prove my teachers, my parents and most importanly myself that i can do this and follow through with my goals and do graphic design at uni..

F106

HSC

Those symptoms sound pretty hellish.

Mrs McDreamy's right. Get the diagnosis, if you can, turn up for the exams, hand in forms on time. V important. They'll take the better mark out of your calculated school result and HSC exam result, so even if you screw up the exams, you still have something to fall back on.

shariken

HSC

If i was you, if you wanted to appeal your marks or fill in a illness form, I'd go to the school with copies of your blood test results (because it shows glandular fever) and comments about your diagnosis to the school. It'd be good too if your doctor calls the school and talks about what you appear to do or can't do.

I don't meant to dampen your parade so to speak but glandular fever can take months to fully recover from..

HSC

You also may want to check if the course offers flexible entry. This means that you can get in with a UAI that's lower if you can show proficiency in the relevant subjects.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC

ring your school first thing tomorrow and see what they tell you. if they say nithung can be done then ring the board of studies or someone and see what they can tell you. or the advice line as someone above said.

dave197

HSC

thankyou so much for all the help guys, and girls, very much appriciated.. im off to the doctor now.. i didnt get a wink of sleep last night due to my throat being in the worst pain so far.. at times i was gasping for air...scarey shit...ill let you know wat the doc said asap..thanks again :(

dave197

HSC

:( blood test confimed it 100% and a severe case too.. doc reccons mebe within th enext two weeks ill start to get better... majority of my exams are next week :( he also said i should expect to have a very sore spleen :( this sucks

VeLdOg

HSC
mm i dont no my sister fainted in her exam but she still turned up...

did u ring ur school today?
many people deal withthis so ur not on your own.. if u dont sit ur exams u will get ur school mark used as ur total mark... they will calculate ur UAI then add 4 marks onto that... they will not estimate your mark..
so if you are not happy with your marks from your trials etc i would still sit your exams.

Misadventure is pretty easy to claim especially considering you have the doctors certificate.

Your school will be able to give you more information as will the HSC help line on 131 112

u seem like u have tried really hard to do better in theses coming exams, even tho glandular fever is bad, i stated before i have just come down with another dose, if you really want it you will get it.

ring the school start from there.. also eat lots of ice blocks they make ur throat feel better :)

dave197

HSC

i rang the school they said its up to me weather i miss the exams or not, i doubt i will do the first enlglish paper this friday, but im hoping to continue after that..see how i go

Datto120

HSC
whatever you do DO NOT MISS A SINGLE EXAM
I had misadventure last yr as my nan passed away the day befor emy first exam i still sat that exam ( i did king lear too and could not make myself write the word death as i knew it would be all over) I got misadventure which was approved AND i did too good to get the misadventure. So go to your exam they will compare your yearly mark and hsc mark and thats how it will be done. Even if you have to leave halfway through attempt it! It looks much better and will go even better for you if you have tried!!!!!!!!!

emily2005

HSC
N/A
so what happens if u get sick on the day of an exam like do u go to the docters first thing in the morning and get a docters cert or do thye let u get misadventure withut a doct cert

Datto120

HSC
You need to include documented proof so yes a doctors certificate is necessary. Just try your best to do your exam! if u get sik leave go straight to doctors.

dave197

HSC

dato120 at this stage i am getting worse and worse everyday.. if this continues until friday, which im sure it will, my doctor and curriculum pricible, strongly reccomended i dont turn up, a) because its quiet contageous..b) i dont think i have the energy to sit there for more than 30 mins..

elayna

HSC
aww thats horrible.i got it beginnig of sept and its absolutely awful and im still not ova it yet!u cant really do nething to get better - just have lots of rest.if ur throats really sore theres this betadine throat gargle i had and it numbed everything and made me feel better.u can just get it from the chemist.also had a beconaise nose spray that helps lots if ur snuffy.go c sumone at skool asap - careers advisor and person looking after ur years best.apply for misadventure for exams and theres an EAS form as well that might bump up ur UAI.good luck and get better soon.

dave197

HSC

thankyou for your advice im trying the betadine throat gargle now.. anything to get rid of this pain..

Last edited:

schmoph

HSC
hey dude, that is horrible bout getting glange i had it a couple of years ago, for the throat, use difflam, eat jelly, cuz i know its hard to eat ne thing else, and if u can drink plenty of water, DO NOT FORCE UR SELF TO STUDY cuz u might push ur self and make it worse just relax, after every exam u do WITH YOUR DOCTORS CERTIFICATE go to your principle or year adviser who ever is incontrol of appeals and fill out ur appeal, thats all u really can do, in regards to uni, i think they will look at your previous results that uve gotten through out the year to determin a uai i think. just rest up, thats all u can do, i knmow its horrible!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)