4u peeps. (1 Viewer)

gh0stface

HSC
Im currently doing 4 unit, and my half yearlies are coming up in lil under 2 weeks. Wandering if you guys study for ur 2u exams at all? Im stuck in a dilema in deciding if i should or should not, and if so how much time i should dedicate towards it, just as a back up. On the otherhand do i rly need it as backup if i dedicate all my time to study all 4u (and 3u ofcourse)? (i got low 70s% for my 1st assessment -- could of done better).

Please share your opinion.

Affinity

HSC
you shouldn't need to study for 2U if you are performing at 4U level

leoyh

mic`
HSC
still do a bit of 2u revision i suppose because it may come useful when you do your 3unit test. don't forget, the 3u test should be comprised of mainly 2u questions but of a harder level and certain aspects that arent tested in 2u because they are purely 3u

Harkaraj

HSC
Uni Grad
I rekkon you don't need to study 2U to go well at it, it seems so easy once your doing 4U, just spend max a couple of hours looking at formulas and some examples etc, maybe like mensuration of arcs, perpendicular distance and all of that 2U crap.

Foxodi

HSC
Revise 2u so you remember stuff - but I wouldn't bother wasting any time doing the questions; just create/read over simple 2u summaries (hell, just dl them from bos resources... though I think making your own will be better for memory)

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Well, it's prudent for you to keep doing 2u tests so as to have something in hands in case you drop 4u. Don't bother revising it. Do 3u instead. If you ace 3u, do not badly in 4u. 100% for 2u is obvious.

rooeys2

i like to laugh =)
HSC
lol i did the 2u test in my 1st assessment as a backup, it was the last test of the week and it was in the arvo, i looked over the formulas and txtbook in the morning, came to the test 5min late xD, got 86% pretty shit for 2u anyway, but i stil ended up keepin my 4u
DONT waste time STUDYING for 2u, ur prob competent enough to study for it the night before or on the bus =D

YannY

HSC
Hey rui i heard you and michael study till 4am in the morning everyday. Is that true? if it is that is just commitment - im utterly impressed.

rooeys2

i like to laugh =)
HSC
erugh...no i heard mikel did that last term, not sure how late hes studying now
and where the hell did u 'hear' that from >_> i sleep at 1-2 and in the arvo for abit so wtf?!

yorkstanham

HSC
we just had our half yearlies, your 3u study should cover all the 2 topics anyway, so you actaully dont need to study 2u on its own.

More time should be directed to your 4u exam and then with decent marks your 2u wont count. Thats what I did for our exams and it worked fine, 2u was a breeze.

Hope that helps

good luck with your exams

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
When converting a Polar form of a complex number to the Cartesian form it takes much more time than usual due to the fact I don't remember many of the exact values of trigonometric ratios.
Furthermore, I cannot easily find the argument of a complex number without drawing it on the Argand diagram first.

From my point of view, unless speed is your top priority, 2U can be left for later.

Last edited:

eliseliselise

HSC
i reckon........... that you should still study a decent amount for 2unit as a safety net, coz like what if u cant comphrehend a single word of ur next 4unit topic?? or your teacher has a stroke (god forbid)??? or if you decide you dont like maths any more???

+ besides, u owe it to urself to do as well as you can - as often as u can. and 2u is prime time for that [most of the time]

YannY

HSC
oh lolz i thought you were committed. guess you're just smart then topping the conics test.

rooeys2

i like to laugh =)
HSC
wroong lowl they were jst hsc ques n i doubt the smarter ppl like shiny n harrison evn revised =O
yang/andrew/jason=prodigy of 4u so funny wen james was teachin u a 4u ques i was like LMAO

YannY

HSC
im not as good as you say i am, i merely learnt complex one term before you begun. i'll be suprised if im in the top 5 this time. besides, there's nothing wrong with james teaching me.

undalay

HSC
rooeys2 said:
wroong lowl they were jst hsc ques n i doubt the smarter ppl like shiny n harrison evn revised =O
yang/andrew/jason=prodigy of 4u so funny wen james was teachin u a 4u ques i was like LMAO
Charles and andrew are the math pros.

Everyone else is shit.

Prove me wrong yang :]

no disrepect, just showing my honest opinions.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)