4u English... Need opinions on "internet love" (1 Viewer)

Morgs

Hi :D
Was just wondering if anyone could help me....
My major work is based on "the language of luv" and I'm looking for people who have had relationships over the internet, or who use chat rooms to meet possible partners etc...
Just want a basic idea of peoples opinions on internet-based relationships. So any ideas, experiences, thoughts, whatever, would be so appreciated! Particularly benefits of this form of communication. Thanks!

Morgs
:wave:

is a roflcopter
HSC
personally im pretty cynical about e-love
im one of those shallow types that consider the phyiscal side of a relationship to be an important component :D

the anonymous nature of the net can be both a pro and a con
but screw the pros, heres the con bit:

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
haha...
even though u do get the occasional malaysian fobs randoming you on icq and trying to get u to teach engrish...

i think with students it's harder for weirdass middleaged paedophiliacs to fake something... like, you can random in sydney.. and chances are, you'll find someone who goes to a different school, but knows a friend of a friend of a friend's that goes the school next door, yeah?

in that sense, it's easier to talk to ppl u don't know (therapists make a living out of it)... but bugger me if i'm going to go out with someone i've met online... you learn nothing from chat; ppl get to edit what they're going to say (they get to THINK about what they're going to say...), you can't see anything (minus webcam)...

it's prolli not impossible, but personally, i reckon it's prety stupid

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
hehe, gotta love siteks pics

is a roflcopter
HSC
how many high guys are here :D
looks like i cant plagiarise the notes from this page anymore :(

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
hmm yeah i agree with +:: $i[Q]u3 ::+ ... most of the people i meet online are friends of friends.. or go to school with a tutoring friend etc.. thats how i know im not talking to sick perverts, cos i always talk to "friends of friends".

in a way, the internet.. you could use it to come into contact with someone you could like/love.. that could work in my opinion. but having a relationship totally online.. now thats just stupid.

Sassasas

Hmmm... internet love... yeah.. im pretty cynical about it too.. however i have furthered relationships with people i already met through messanger - if you get what i mean...

Leanne

HSC
Internet Luv

Hey! I met my ex boyfriend on the internet who lives in Brisbane. (me in Sydney) We talked for a yr on the net and then met and went out for a yr. In my situation i knew that he wasn't sum 50 yr old paeodiphile as my auntie and uncle knew him. We're still close friends.. Email me if ya want more info =)

phillipo

HSC
just wondering - as a fellow 4uniter myself - shouldn't you be doing something a little more sophisticated for your 4u project? Im reallly hoping youre doing creative writing or a script or anything besides an essay because the essay is actually suppose to relate to texts somehow. Oh, but if you do have some sort of text, I'll stand corrected. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)