4u english as your 10th unit? (1 Viewer)

bling05

HSC
Hi all,
I'm very seriously considering dropping business studies (as I hate it with a passion), and therefore sitting on 10 units. What are your thoughts on having the perhaps risky English Extension 2 as my 10th unit?

Thanks.

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
I dropped business studies to land on my 12th unit, (on 12u now). I rather regret it because I miss Business Studies and had nothing else to drop.

I always wanted the fallback for Ext.2 but now that my idea is coming along nicely I don't have a problem.

You could just keep Business and go with a 2-unit fallback, you've come this far and well over half the course is finished.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
bling05 said:
Hi all,
I'm very seriously considering dropping business studies (as I hate it with a passion), and therefore sitting on 10 units. What are your thoughts on having the perhaps risky English Extension 2 as my 10th unit?

Thanks.
Risky stuff. Depends if you're confident in your EE2.

RhysAndrews

HSC
This late in the year? That's very risky. The biggest part of Ext2 is that your development, not your final product. To have 3 quarters of that development out of your reflection would be a big impact on your mark.

Business Studies is a sucky subject but it's very very useful.

itadakimus

procrastinator
HSC
That seems awfully risking, especially as English ext 2 reputes to be insanely difficult. If you're confident in English, getting a constant level of good grades and well developed in all areas of English study [creative writing, short answers, etc] then you could consider it. Otherwise, you might want to just grin and bear business studies!

These are just my thoughts based on what my English teacher has been telling my class.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)