4th aus union team (1 Viewer)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
where do you guys think the 4th union (super 12- make it 14 in 2006) team will be based?

i thought it would be a second nsw team.. but some newspaper articles say that it will be perth...

neonazi

it wont be a second nsw team. there is already a team called NSW so they cant really add another one. if they do the waratahs will probably become the sydney waratahs, but it doesnt have the same ring to it.
i first thought melbourne would get it, seein that every yr they have a test match down there. however, given the fact that the melbourne storm r unheard of down there, it mite not be succesful to put a rugby team there.
perth seems very much out of the way to put a rugby team, and i havent heard of any rugby product come out of the area. whilst they have had some good crowds at the tes matches, i think the area will work better as a place for a one off game.
i then dont really think any place is better than any other place to put a team.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
if the new team goes to melbourne, then the storm will go under, cos they are already losing money atm, and if rugby comes, who will care about the storm?

neonazi

yeh, the storm will definately have to relocate then. probably to the gold coast.
i dont even think a melbourne rugby team would work down there, cos they are so much into their gayfl. they get good crowds to test matches, but thats cos they only get one or two a yr. give them heaps of games down there and the novelty of it will wear off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)