:(((( (1 Viewer)

Rattlehead15

HSC
2022 HSC was really nice
Yea I just finished it and it was good but I ran out of time on the last couple of questions. Still scraped an aligned B6 though so for tomorrow I just hope if I finish the whole test if I can get a B6. Im gonna be praying to the nesa gods tonight.

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
Yea I just finished it and it was good but I ran out of time on the last couple of questions. Still scraped an aligned B6 though so for tomorrow I just hope if I finish the whole test if I can get a B6. Im gonna be praying to the nesa gods tonight.
I think everyone's praying to the nesa gods tonight. So far all the Year 12s are saying their exams were really nice so I really really really hope it holds up for maths :(

Rattlehead15

HSC
Oh no no, I understand that, but just not the part where the HSC exam mark gets aligned and the cutoffs for B6 and all that jazz
Im pretty sure experts decide the cutoff for B6 each year and everyones marks get aligned to fit the bands or something like that. I have no idea either

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Do HSC exam marks get aligned? Still so confused with that concept, I thought your exam marks were just as is
Rattlehead15 essentially explained the purpose of alignment briefly and quite well.

Raw HSC exam marks are first determined (i.e. the actual marks that students received for their HSC exams with no changes of any kind) and then aligned, resulting in aligned HSC exam marks, which contribute 50% of HSC marks. As part of your HSC results, NESA informs you of your aligned HSC exam marks (the name for which being Examination Mark).

With that being said, keep in mind that alignment has no effect on a student's ATAR.

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
Rattlehead15 essentially explained the purpose of alignment briefly and quite well.

Raw HSC exam marks are first determined (i.e. the actual marks that students received for their HSC exams with no changes of any kind) and then aligned, resulting in aligned HSC exam marks, which contribute 50% of HSC marks. As part of your HSC results, NESA informs you of your aligned HSC exam marks (the name for which being Examination Mark).

With that being said, keep in mind that alignment has no effect on a student's ATAR.
Thank you!! 😭

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)