• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

4 unit maths with 12 units. (1 Viewer)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Bhaskar13 said:
I don't understand, why have they changed it so extension units are worth double now? I haven't heard about this from my teachers at baulko.
It's been this way for a while now. If you take extension 2 maths, then extension 1 maths counts for 2 units towards your HSC and UAI, extension 2 maths counts for 2 units as well, and 2 unit maths is ignored.

Bhaskar13

HSC
Oh I see, only when you are taking Extension II. So what happens when you choose Extension II mathematics, and decide to drop to 2U half way through the course? Is that possible?

HSC
Bhaskar13 said:
Oh I see, only when you are taking Extension II. So what happens when you choose Extension II mathematics, and decide to drop to 2U half way through the course? Is that possible?
yes it is possible. but three unit will only count as one unit and two unit maths will obviously then be counted.

iEdd

HSC
Re: 回覆: Re: 4 unit maths with 12 units.

simonloo said:
I dont see the point SINCE THEY'RE NOT GOING TO BE COUNTED LAH
Why not?
2 units of english then your best 8 others. If you do well in E1 and E2 you will have all of it count, particularly as it scales so well, a low raw mark in E2 is comparable to a rather high mark in an average difficulty subject.

undalay

HSC
He's talking about the first 2 units of 4u math, they won't be counted, simply because if you do ext2 math, 2u disapears, and basically all you have is 2 units of ext 1, and 2u of ext 2.

You do not automatically get 100% for your first 2 units.
And then 1 unit for ext 1
and then 1 unit for ext 2.

That would obviously just be abused.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)