4 Unit English (1 Viewer)

4 Unit English

• Total voters

dougieblow

HSC
kaz1 said:
4unit english would be my worst nightmare.
we all can't be space mechatronic engineers, some people prefer reading imaginative literature challenging the traditions of existence then discussing buttplugs in physics.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
dougieblow said:
we all can't be space mechatronic engineers, some people prefer reading imaginative literature challenging the traditions of existence then discussing buttplugs in physics.
Now where the hell did you get that from? I made no mention of Physics and Engineers. I just stated my opinion that 4unit english would by my worst nightmare. If you want to do it I have no problem.

btw What's a buttplug? It sounds like something that stops someone from shitting.

edit: lol http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butt_plug

Last edited:
HSC
I completed EE2 this year. Its really not THAT hard. I did a short story... you just have to be consistent and watch your time... its daunting but heaps rewarding.

my advise would be to steer clear of poetry unless you know you're REALLY REALLY REALLY good! If poetry is what you wanna do, I'd suggest writing some before the course and asking teachers and even university professors/lecturers to read it and tell you whether or not its good enough. Its marked by university markers!

8000 words isn't as many as you'd think. Once you start writing it takes a lot of work to stop and edit.

The level of sophistication expected is pretty high, but my dad is a uni professor and he said that that doesn't mean a lot of ENORMOUS words, its more how you use and compose your words. Though, a few biggies here and there doesn't hurt ;)

Reflection is a bit of a bitch but you have everything you need for it in your journal. It's also awesome cause there is no exam ;D

I'd actually recommend this course, it's a lot of fun.

(please note: also a lot of work.)

yazatron

HSC
I'm really keen to do 4 unit English, but I'm scared it will be way too stressful.
I've read some of the major works from past HSC's and fallen in love with the way people can manipulate language so powerfully.
If I take up 4 unit english it means I'm able to drop ext maths and biology which drive me absolutely crazy.
So should I do it?

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
has everyone placed their expression of intrest of been garunteed their place in the course yet.

I've gotten in can't wait for it

blackglitter

HSC
marcquelle said:
has everyone placed their expression of intrest of been garunteed their place in the course yet.

I've gotten in can't wait for it
We haven't gotten any expression of interest forms yet, but my ext teacher is recommending I do it, so :p

5233andy

HSC
Change of mind - my EE1 teacher approached me like a flight attendant asking whether you want tea or coffee. Extension Two? At first, I was somewhat shocked, considering that she only made the recommendation to a select few - myself being one of them (can you believe it? I haven't even come to terms with it).

Initially, my attitude towards the subject was a no - of which I remained steadfast to. Now, the doors are open for consideration...

If I do end up doing it, I'd probably write an analytical essay - on blah. But... a ten page essay... sheesh!

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
come on do it. It will be fun. How many subjects to you get free reign on the topic of choice (per say)

[and yes i do realise that there are other subjects like this eg art BOW]

5233andy

HSC
marcquelle said:
come on do it. It will be fun. How many subjects to you get free reign on the topic of choice (per say)

[and yes i do realise that there are other subjects like this eg art BOW]

Talking to me?!

Well I dunno why but I get satisfaction through writing essays, though frankly, I'm not very good at it. I dunno, but I'd suppose it's because one is able to vent themselves and put everything in mind to paper. Unlike many other subjects, number one offender, Maths, you're opinions are valued - your opinions are what drive you forward - I've got heaps of opinions about the state of the world - but where am I gonna be able to vent them? Possibly EE2...

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
5233andy said:
Talking to me?!

Well I dunno why but I get satisfaction through writing essays, though frankly, I'm not very good at it. I dunno, but I'd suppose it's because one is able to vent themselves and put everything in mind to paper. Unlike many other subjects, number one offender, Maths, you're opinions are valued - your opinions are what drive you forward - I've got heaps of opinions about the state of the world - but where am I gonna be able to vent them? Possibly EE2...
yes vent them in EE2

0hNivlek

HSC
I signed the form of interest today... i hope the principal will allow me to do it XD!

I'm dropping Business Studies if i can do it LOL.

Pink Oni

HSC
Just a quick question for a dummy like me: What is a form of interest?

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Pink Oni said:
Just a quick question for a dummy like me: What is a form of interest?
just a form saying yeah i'd like to do this subject (its for extension subjects, not all schools have one)

Last edited:
HSC
Im doing the four units of english too. i hope its gonna be awesome, sounds better than math...tenfold.

HSC
wish you could do ee2 without doin ee1 because our ee1 teacher strays off topic a lot and we don't get much work done. plus i'd have 13 units for hsc if i pick it up and i don't want to drop any of my other subjects

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)