4 unit = 2 units of work (1 Viewer)

Bank$

HSC
i am currently doing 12 units inc. EX2 maths, i got a crappy EX1 mark so wat i want to know is - is it possible do really well in my other 8 units and EX2 maths and then as a result not have my EX1 mark count for my UAI (because i do 12 units) ????

p.s i got a crappy EXT1 mark not because i am incapable but i was still in the bludge mode of yr 11

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
Because of the excellent scaling of Ext1 and Ext2, it is more likely that both of them will count for the uai and one of your other subjects won't.

I got 95 in IPT, but it wasn't counted while the 88 in Ext2 was.

Also, it is unlikely that you will struggle in Ext1 if youre doing alright in Ext2 because you will begin to find it a lot easier. Don't lose focus just because you didnt do as well in your first assessment as you'd hoped. You've still got many more opportunities to boost your marks.

Good luck!

Last edited:

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
There's also another thread on the exact same thing if you want more info in the UAI/HSC Marks (Technical Arena). It's called "Ext 2 maths - units question."

Bank$

HSC
Thank you guys so much i am gonna take ianc's advice and not lose focus and by the way HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

Bank$

HSC
Ive realised i have nothing to hide from the BOS community so yeah my mark is 55% :( and the highest was 62% and my rank was 5th. Will the board see this test as a hard test and scale my mark up if i do really well in the HSC ????

P

pLuvia

They could, but don't worry about what the board thinks and just do well and don't worry too much about your marks ranks are more important as said a billion times, and that 5th looks quite nice assuming its out of a lot of people :D

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I agree with everyone else. You should worry about your marks. Just do the best you possible can so you do well in the external exam at the end of the year, even if your rank isn't so good.

Worry about marks and rank won't help in any way, but trying harder will.

Bank$

HSC
thanks guys u really got me motivated and yeah 5th does sound gud but its like outta 15 but still like slidey said "Worry about marks and rank won't help in any way, but trying harder will"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)