4 english teachers in 4 terms (1 Viewer)

stressed monkie

im a random
ok we had 4 english teacgers in 4 terms (thats including term 4 last yr) cause they either just left the school or they had their timetable changed and they choose the other class instead of us: the school said this is not a cause for alarm and if we take the matter to BOS we wont get anywhere and it will take up precious stuying time
question: is that true or were they trying to save the schools reputation?
thanx

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i think it would be true, since, in theory, changing teachers shouldn't really affect teaching quality or teaching resources...

but then again, of course it affects you!

it could be argued, however, that you got the best teacher for each module in rotation... :rolleyes:

stressed monkie

im a random
oh we didnt get a new teacher for each module we got onehalf way through each module we didnt finish a single module with one teacher and then each teacher told us the one before them wasnt good enough and that we should disregard what they said, then the last teacher was the english co-ordinators wife who teaches at our school and they both said "ur last teacher isnt as experienced and didnt know very much this way u'll get better marks in the HSC so ur actually benefiting" this was said to cover the fact that the other one just left suddenly

Last edited:

Plushy

I'm in the same situation with Japanese.. and it has affected my marks greatly! we've had 3 teachers right... the first one was ok.. though we werent getting through the course very quickly but she still gave us heaps good marks.. then our second teacher was heaps strict... i didnt even pass the half yearly!... but then ...( this is starting to sound like goldilocks and the three bears thingy...) we got this wacko Japanese lady who hasnt taught us anything really since the last techer left. Anyways.. i went to the teacher organising consideration schemes and what not.. and she said that they couldnt do anything! which i find is abit stupid seeing as people can have a mere cold... say that they couldnt study... and then get consideration!! Its a pretty stupid system if you ask me.

revoltism

i had the same problem with 1 good teacher having to go teach year 11
so we had 2 teachers teaching year 12 .. one was totally stupid and one was an asshole
the stupid one got sent to the mental insitiute or something like that, the asshole never showed up
we ended up having a sub that taught better than the teachers we used to hav but the prob was we only had her for 5 weeks or something.. so ive had to totally rely on my book and notes.. and try to get explanations out of it myself by asking other students....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)