3rd year architecture failing + dilemma (1 Viewer)

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
I (along with more than half the grade) is current failing design, and have failed the 50% mid semester project. There seems little hope in reviving this subject, even given a chance to resubmit tomorrow. Most of us, literally, have probably spent over 3 weeks with minimal sleep. I know i've only slept 6/7 days out of the 3 weeks... I know ALOT of people have already given up, but i'll see what happens tomorrow during the resubmission.
The question is should i basically fail 3 other subjects to scrape a pass in design, or should i just give up design ( the most important subject in an architectural degree...) to pass the other 3 subjects (decently)...

please dont write pass them all, i know i should try so forth and etc, but really i am not the cream of the top. For the previous 2 years, i've been getting D's and HD's in design, in sacrafice of other subjects for passes and low credits, but this semster's design is just fucked, esp, with my intense tutor. yeah one of the best tutors i've seen. I havent been to any other class for the pass 2 weeks o_O

AHhh another anxiety attack. 12 more hours before death.

lala2

Banned
HSC
If the whole class is failing, won't they have to scale you up to a pass? And how important are the other subjects? If you'd rank them a 4 out of 5 for importance, while design is 5/5, I think you should focus on passing them because they're only that much {} less important. But if they're like a 1, then you should seriously reconsider. And how much do you think you could sacrifice in the other subejcts to pass design? For example, if the three subjects are A, B, C, and design is D, do you reckon you could just give up only on A, and still pass B, C, and D? Or would itrequire you give up completely on A and B and C in order to pass D?

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
If the entire class is failing, maybe you should go and complain to the person in charge.

ninjapuppet

HSC
N/A
I hear that architecture is a very hard course. In UniSA, its a 5 year course! i know a few ppl that graduated from there, and half didnt get jobs after a year. and apparently, the ones that did get jobs, were paid quite poorly for several years before getting a decent 80k.

if thats all true, wouldnt it seem that architecture students seem to get shafted for their hard effort??

can any architecture students clarify what the industry / study is like?

Domm

HSC
Resubmission? Is that UTS by any chance?

If so I used to study there and they did this in one of my classes (albeit in a different faculty) and half the class, like you described, failed a critical assessment piece which I think, like yours, was worth 50 percent. This particular lecturer was just a bag of dicks and it was as others have suggest brought up with the faculty a lot.

Anyway we all resubmitted and we all passed as a result, even if we only made minor changes. However if you resubmit you cannot get higher than a pass as the overall grade for that subject at least in my degree when I did it.

What I'm getting at is that you should resubmit because you will probably pass but then (and check the rules of the degree) don't put too much effort into the rest of it because a 50 percent pass is a pass for the subject and you may not be able to score higher anyway for the subject meaning that you should put more effort into the other subjects. Even if the rules of your degree are different if you did resubmit the chances of you getting more than an overall pass are pretty slim anyway - so put your effort into the subjects you can do well in and walk away with a better WAM which still looks respectable. Everyone's got a little blotch on their transcript that their not particularly proud of.

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
go for the studio man i would hate to think about repeating studio, would be fukin waste of time..anyway the other 3 subjects if u fail u can just repeat in summer school or some shit but passing studio means you wont fuk up your course schedule for next semester and the year after

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)