30% tax? (1 Viewer)

E

efast

Worked at McDonalds for 4 weeks then quit, but the tax labelled "PAYG- pay as you go" was close to 30% on the pay slip

this goes for all employees with a tax file here?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Worked at McDonalds for 4 weeks then quit, but the tax labelled "PAYG- pay as you go" was close to 30% on the pay slip

this goes for all employees with a tax file here?
claim it back on your tax return.

boris

Banned
HSC
hey i finished school 2yrs ago and i dont know how tax worx halp plz

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm afraid you'll have to be more specific if you want us to help you. e.g. how often did you get paid, how much you were paid per week.

Sabbo

HSC
I had something similar on my first job. From memory it was something I ticked on my Tax form when i started the job. Basically it resulted in more money being withheld.

It works out in the end though as I got all the excess back when I did my tax return. Nice big refund :D

You could always talk to the HR person there. Once tax time comes around they should send you a 'group certificate' and you go from there. Chase it up if they don't.

spence

HSC
Did you say you want to claim the tax free threshold?

Zozo6969

HSC
all u need is a group certificate which tells u how much tax u paid in that fiscal year as well as your total taxable income. dont need to keep 52 payslips to do ur tax return. if u dont work for them anymore u should have got ur group certificate when u resigned, if not then they should still mail it out to you.

HSC
Its not a flat rate of 30%..

Varries depending on how much you earn per anum...

spence

HSC
all u need is a group certificate which tells u how much tax u paid in that fiscal year as well as your total taxable income. dont need to keep 52 payslips to do ur tax return. if u dont work for them anymore u should have got ur group certificate when u resigned, if not then they should still mail it out to you.
I'm pretty sure they don't send group certificates until the new financial year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)