das how much dey get paid !
night shifters get $37/h

peace^^
yeh night shifters get paid heaps
midnight - 6 am ... bit too late for me
gotta be at least 18 if ur interested

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I'd probably do it if I wasn't too lazy to apply. The whole process annoys me. Applying on the net and doing group interviews and stuff is just a big waste of time.

Evksi

how

How could I go about getting this job? anyone?..

thanks for help (in advance)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
my ex did work in a coles factory for a crazy amount of money, its heaps hard work, eg heavy lifting etc, and really terrible hours as well

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
my ex did work in a coles factory for a crazy amount of money, its heaps hard work, eg heavy lifting etc, and really terrible hours as well
It's so much easier to lift heavy stuff than to have to actually think about what you are doing and put up with customers. And because of occupational health and safety things really can't be that heavy anyway. But I guess it is always relative to how strong you are.

santaslayer

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
It's so much easier to lift heavy stuff than to have to actually think about what you are doing and put up with customers. And because of occupational health and safety things really can't be that heavy anyway. But I guess it is always relative to how strong you are.
I have to agree...applying pressure on the brain is much worse..

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
It's so much easier to lift heavy stuff than to have to actually think about what you are doing and put up with customers.
...I disagree... I'm about to quit my job in retail, mostly becuase of dissatisfaction, but I'd still prefer it over physical labour.

Horses for courses, I suppose..

kartman

HSC
so i guess you have to tick the 'distribution warehouse' thingo when you apply online?
i wouldnt mind work at some place like that :) Does anyone know if there are any woolies/coles warehouses near monash uni?
cheers

¬_¬

HSC
Skittled said:
...I disagree... I'm about to quit my job in retail, mostly becuase of dissatisfaction, but I'd still prefer it over physical labour.
Ditto. I'd rather sit in air conditioned comfort in an office than lift things >_>

Collin

HSC
N/A
santaslayer said:
I have to agree...applying pressure on the brain is much worse..
Yeah, if you're a dumbass. If job A was mentally-challenging and job B was physically labour-intensive, I'd choose A over B provided both offered same pay. But sure, I'd do heavy lifting for $30+hr.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
ide lift the earth from under my feet for 30 dollars an hour. ide be like that giant in the story of hercules

7th Sign

HSC
any one got details on a dodgey job like this....sounds liek my kinda part time work i need

I would work like 9pm to 3am for this kind of cash...

who has links to this place

iamsickofyear12

HSC
You have to apply online for Woolworths and Coles. I think you would just check the warehouse box on the list of jobs. But I think it is still the same process as any other job. That is why I am not applying. If it was direct to the warehouse I would.

sarevok

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
You have to apply online for Woolworths and Coles. I think you would just check the warehouse box on the list of jobs. But I think it is still the same process as any other job. That is why I am not applying. If it was direct to the warehouse I would.
yeah exactly, you'd have to go through coles'/woolworth's horribly-complex recruiting system. it's good money though, so maybe it's worth the effort.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
but heck 30/hr... that's insane...
i work in an office and they pay 14/hr... and i just got a pay rise recently o_O

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I get $30/hr where I work now which works out to about $300/week. I could easily work a second job at one of these warehouses but the application process annoys me too much so I can't be bothered at the moment.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Complex recruiting? Pfft what?! You apply on the internet, go to a group interview, then manager interview. I've done this for both Coles Myer Ltd. and Woolworths Ltd. now.. doesn't seem so 'complex' to me. Only annoying thing is the long duration of wait between application to your actual first shift at work. For both CML and WL, took me about 2 months.. that's alot of wasted time.. sigh.

iamsickofyear12 said:
I get $30/hr where I work now which works out to about $300/week. I could easily work a second job at one of these warehouses but the application process annoys me too much so I can't be bothered at the moment.
Not to mention heavy second job tax you get hit with.. that one hurts real bad.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
JKDDragon said:
Not to mention heavy second job tax you get hit with.. that one hurts real bad.
The job I have now is cash under the table so if I get a second job I will only be taxed on that one.

Collin

HSC
N/A
$30/hr cash in hand, but not tutoring? Tell me where.. TELL ME NOW!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)