3 Unit Maths? (1 Viewer)

jackono

HSC
I know you get asked these type of questions bazillions of times but if you could give me some help that would be fantastic. Here are my final Preliminary exam results for 2 and 3 unit maths:

2U 77% Av. 73%

3U 77% Av. 68%

What I would like to know is whether you think I should stick with the Extension Maths or whether I should drop down to just 2U? Thanks.

tennille

HSC
You're mark isn't too bad. But it is completely up to you. I reckon you should stick with it, but then it depends on whether you enjoy it or not.

ronaldinho

Banned
HSC
what the.. ur average for 3 unit maths is good for the course..

but 2 unit average is quite bad... thats quite unusual..
anyways ur doing quite good so prolly u should stick with 3 unit.. maybe u need to learn the easy stuff again?

do u study for ur 2 unit exams cos u have to put time into 2 unit as well...

p.s ur prelim exam 3 unit mark is good.. prelim spose to b da hardest test..was it hard?

Last edited:

Amaybro

HSC
LoL what i think isn't as important as what you think in terms of staying/dropping the course :) But since you asked so nicely.. :p

Your marks show a decent foundation for year 12, if, like Soulsearcher said, your willing to work on it then go for it. There's absolutely no reason, apart from how fond you are of the course, that you should drop it.

But i would reconsider how hard you work on it... Good luck!

klaw

HSC
If you are unsure of whether or not you want to drop it, I would recommend sticking with it for the time being. There is nothing stopping you from dropping it after your first assessment or even after your trials. That way, you can still try it out, and if you cannot cope with the HSC content, you can drop. Also keep in mind that doing extension maths will help considerably with your 2U maths as your mathematical ability will develop further

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)