3 sciences? (1 Viewer)

chapz

HSC
2eng, 4math, 3 sci ... bad choice??
im thinking of dropping phys and picking up ext 1 eng.
if a uni looks at ur subjects, will they think ur really restricted in ur interests, not an all rounder etc with 3 scis?

Harkaraj

HSC
Uni Grad
Im doing the exact same subjects as you :)
I don't think you should worry about uni's, alot of people do similar subjects e.g. many do histories or eco/business/ legal etc as its hard to have very broad interests anyway, so I don't think it really matters.

ssglain

HSC
I didn't think you are allowed to pick up EE1 at the start of Yr 12. Nevertheless, I agree with Harkaraj's examples - a friend of mine did modern+ancient+ext history, and did brilliantly. Why not take all the science subjects if you are interested in science and, most importantly, are good at these subjects? I understand your concern because I actually had similar concerns around the time of subject selection, so I didn't choose physics. That was perhaps my biggest regret throughout senior high school.

Black Hawker

HSC
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can't pick up Extension English in Year 12.

I do Physics, Business and Eco, but I hate Physics. The main thing is if you like it, and you are good at it, then there shouldn't be a problem.

powerdrive

HSC
I had the same subjects in yr 11, it's a good idea cos the sciences scale heaps. But i dropped bio in yr 12 cos i got bored of it, and there was too much content.

chapz

HSC
yea... I guess its not a bad thing then
and by picking up ext 1 eng i meant I dropped it at the end of year 11

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
If you want to do it and are good at science go for it.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lols a lot of my friends have your subj combo :p

and yeah i agree about the ext 1 eng bit ... im pretty certain you cant pick it up in yr 12 without doing the yr 11 bit of it first.

but then , im pretty sure theres nothing wrong with having 6 units of science - one of my friends has 8 (yeah , agriculture's a science). =]

Liqqeh

HSC
I'm doing all three as well =D I just enjoy the logical and maths sorta stuff much more a lot more than essay subjects. They all compliment eachother anyways, so that helps.

beentherdunthat

HSC
I dun that combo, minus physics, but spread it over two years, and add 2unit maths :) LOL.

Good luck dude. Personally, 3 sciencs in one yr is too much for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)